Levo Gen 2 Levo Expert Freehub

Levo Evo

Jun 28, 2020
UK
Hello all

Last week I went to replace yet another cassette on my 2019 Levo Expert and wanted to replace the Sram one with a Shimano, only to find it uses an XD hub. Does anyone know of a standard freehub that will fit in place of the XD one?

Thanks!

ofcounsel

Apr 20, 2020
Brea, CA
Are you looking to replace a Shimano HG free hub (9/10/11 speed) or a Shimano Micro Spline free hub (12 speed)? The rear hub uses a standard DT Swiss 3 pawl free hub (I attached a photo of the XD free hub removed, and you can see the 3 pawl design. Note: the photo is from an article reviewing the wheelset, I take no credit for the pic). So, for example, if you're looking for the Shimano 12 speed Micro Spline Freehub you'll want to get this one: DT Swiss Freehub Body - MicroSpline, 12 x 148mm, 3-Pawl If you're looking for the Shimano 9/10/11 speed free hub, you'll need something like this: DT Swiss HG Freehub Body - 9/10/Dynasys, 3 Pawl, 12 x 142/148mm, Aluminum, includes end cap Note. You can also get the 9/10/11 free hub in a steel body. Steel will be heavier, but more durable. Either way, make sure you get a new 142/148mm end cap to go with your new free hub, because I don't think the XD end cap will work.

16161EDA-AF25-4BB2-B7CA-6D1B18DA89C5.jpeg

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Yes, Expert have DT Swiss hub with XD driver while Comp has Formula hub with Shimano driver.

ofcounsel

Apr 20, 2020
Brea, CA
Do the Expert have different hub vs. Comp? And I'm talking about Roval wheels
Yep. Same rim, I believe. But definitely different hub/spoke build. As Salko notes, The Expert has the "Traverse" rim with DT Swiss 360 hub with DT Swiss Competition double-butted "Race" spokes. The wheels on the Comp have a "Traverse" rim, but use Formula hubs with DT standard "Industry" spokes.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles