Levo Comp or Decoy Base

Kitetrol

Jul 12, 2020
Australia
What would you buy? The price is the same here down under. I will be upgrading from giant E stance so both bikes are huge improvement on current rig. Thanks for your thoughts.

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
the decoy is a bit more enduro and the levo is more trail like. If you are doing drops and jumps, go decoy......flow trails go Levo. keep in mind the levo has the motor belt issue. So, be close to a spec dealer.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Having owned both they ride soooo different. Decoy is wery planted and stable. Levo is a trailbike and a lot more poppy and playfull. Levo motors fail more often but your lbs will sort you out pretty quick. If something serious goes wrong with the Decoy you are screwed (i was) No bike for months and horrible service.

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
I have the 2020 Levo Comp & love it. Use mostly for trail riding but it would be more than capable of more rigorous riding I'm sure.
As far as the motor issues go, I did have some concerns, but then, I have never seen any complaints about the bike itself & it's handling so I figured that the motor issues are worth the risk, and if any problems arise I'm sure my lbs will have a new one installed within a week.I hear the new motors are now way more reliable too?

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
How is the Levo Comp more than a Decoy Base? I'm in Australia and tossing up between both these bikes. The Decoy Base is $7999 from Pushy's and the Levo Comp is $9000.

We are probs going to get the Decoy Comp which is the same price as the Levo Comp but has the specs of the Levo Expert. The gear on the Decoy kills the spec of the Levo. All I am waiting for is to see of there is an update to the Shimano power train for the 2021 models.

Kitetrol

Jul 12, 2020
Australia
How is the Levo Comp more than a Decoy Base? I'm in Australia and tossing up between both these bikes. The Decoy Base is $7999 from Pushy's and the Levo Comp is $9000.

We are probs going to get the Decoy Comp which is the same price as the Levo Comp but has the specs of the Levo Expert. The gear on the Decoy kills the spec of the Levo. All I am waiting for is to see of there is an update to the Shimano power train for the 2021 models.

There is 250 delivery fee on Decoy base and I will probably need to pay someone to put it together. I got Levo for 8k.

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
There is 250 delivery fee on Decoy base and I will probably need to pay someone to put it together. I got Levo for 8k.

Thats a good price! We are looking at buying 3 bikes at the same time so hopefully that gives some bargaining room.

Mind if I ask where you got it from? You in Melbourne and was it a run out 2020 model?

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
Thanks guys, iam getting Levo, seems more suitable for me, it is cheeper has 700hrs battery and I don't have to post it if something goes wrong. Happy new bike day!
and you could probably get one soon. the decoy is in short supply right now

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Hi i have a 2019 comp carbon and trust me its well cable of doing any ride any style i do a fair bit of down hill and its more than capable done around 600 miles off road in the english weather mud rain and touch wood no issues carnt fault it so far ????

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia

Xl 1 in stock
Thats the 2020 model. I want to see if the new one comes with an updated Shimano powertrain. There are rumours of a new motor. I test rode the Levo and the motor was awesome. The E8000 from Shimano is a bit long in the tooth now and want to see if they update it. Dollar for dollar the spec on the YT is much better apart from the motor and the whole LBS thing. If YT bring out a bike with an updated motor and Pushy's can confirm that we won't need to send the bike to Germany and only to them for repairs like they are working towards, then it will be a no brainer for me.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire

Xl 1 in stock
Pre order

FAAFD2FB-9ADF-44BE-9402-91B5F209BBA9.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles