Levo Gen 2 Levo 2021 Base model fork upgrade to Ohlins - Roval wheel adaptor issues

Bouffe

Aug 11, 2020
Newcastle under Lyme
Hi all, I have just swapped my Rockshox TK35 for a set of Ohlins RXF36 EVO's. I have an issue where the Roval wheel will not fit into the Ohlins forks. This is due to Rockshox using a Torque end cap which is a larger diameter than the Ohlins will allow to be fitted. The Rockshox end cap is approx 31mm diameter and I need something that is around 23 / 24mm diameter to fit the Ohlins forks. I have took out the axle tube and end caps, and I assume you can buy standard sized adaptor ends and axle tube to suit. Has anyone had a similar issue and do you know who would stock these ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi all, I have just swapped my Rockshox TK35 for a set of Ohlins RXF36 EVO's. I have an issue where the Roval wheel will not fit into the Ohlins forks. This is due to Rockshox using a Torque end cap which is a larger diameter than the Ohlins will allow to be fitted. The Rockshox end cap is approx 31mm diameter and I need something that is around 23 / 24mm diameter to fit the Ohlins forks. I have took out the axle tube and end caps, and I assume you can buy standard sized adaptor ends and axle tube to suit. Has anyone had a similar issue and do you know who would stock these ?
Good luck with that!! I suggest you just grind down the existing caps to the right diameter. If you can get them mounted on a drill it would be easy to just spin them up and use a course glass paper to do that.

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
Yeah, any decent specialized dealer will get you a set. Just don't take no for an answer and get an inside tech/salesperson on the phone from your shop.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Yeah, any decent specialized dealer will get you a set. Just don't take no for an answer and get an inside tech/salesperson on the phone from your shop.
I said good luck because those torque caps are not a Specialized part per se, they are part of the hub......in this case probably a formula hub.... and no one I know has managed to find any supplier including Formula themselves that stock torque caps separately let alone different sizes. It has apparently been years now that most fork manufacturers moved to the bigger diameter torque caps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles