LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

jhonmartin692

Apr 12, 2022
England
This is my first attempt at creating a mini video of a weekend riding with the mrs , and not that type of riding calm down lads ?
Hope you enjoy
It’s filmed on a GoPro hero7
And the software used to create it was Filmora cheap and cheerful at £40 for the year
I did have to purchase a sound track separately copyright free to upload to YouTube
Hope this helps people to get out there and start filming.
It’s would be great to see what others have created and post here.
Keep riding and keep smiling ?????
This is a very creative and well-made mini video.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
I found a new, more interesting route home from work the other day, including some gnarly downhill trails. Way more fun, but also quite challenging. The video footage is too shaky to publish (cam has no image stabilization) but still good for me to analyse line choice etc.
Amazing that some of the best trails are just in front of your doorstep, but that it sometimes takes years to find them.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-22 um 22.54.24.png

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
Paraíso en casa Homenaje a los “Local trails”
(Recorded in 5.3k, uploaded 4k)

We are surrounded by several mountain bikeparks and MTB centers with kilometres and kilometres of marked, signposted and super-advertised paths. But we all also have those most hidden places, almost secret in which we usually cycle the locals. Our playground. They are paths made and maintained with love, without budgets and almost without stepping on but that make us feel at home. I think they call it "agroenduro", enduro areas outside the "MTB Kingdoms" I want this video to serve as a recognition to all those who help create and maintain these trails that in the end are used by many people outside mountain biking (runners, walkers, seteros, hunters, fire brigades, forest, ...)

Geeky note: I took the opportunity to record the video at 5.3k with the Hero10. Has anyone noticed it?

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Repeat of a Short Local Trail, trying out the new Smashpot spring in the Lyrik.
Funny thing is on the ride everything is relatively quiet but the GoPro seems to pick up alot of chatter. Just like it seems to like to make the motor loader than perceived when riding.
Any ideas on making the mics less sensitive?
And a longer trail if you have the patience :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Post Cyprus ride, decided I needed to get out today after a very lazy, beer and food fuelled holiday in Paphos.
Took an accidental wrong turn onto a no cycling route most of it was Hike a bike but found some good sections.

Nice ride, not a criticism, just an observation. What is up with your bars, are they flipped forward or is it the camera angle? Which is excellent by the way.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Nice ride, not a criticism, just an observation. What is up with your bars, are they flipped forward or is it the camera angle? Which is excellent by the way.
I think it might be the superwide camera that distorts the bars during footage as I notice it too in my vids lol. Although I do have my bars at the highest angle with the closest ( to me ) reach so it could be that too !

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Etherow country Park: Wow, had an absolute blast exploring the unknown ( to me ) tracks / trails of ECP today.
every turn is another turn off into another track it feels, quite exciting and can only get even better with experience and familiarity.

Had a mid ride phantom puncture ( rim pinch ) and managed to wreck my multi-tool failing to remove my rear wheel ! resulting in having to do a tube repair whilst wheel was still attached ( That was fun 🥱 ).

I mainly took the conservative noob lines but managed to overcome some fearful drops lol ( the camera seriously DOESN'T show the steepness ).

Never done tracks like this and if im honest some of the lines are sketchy for my level, very rooty and extremely sharp turns with some very awkward penalties if it goes Pete Tong !!

swapped the angle to wide ( as apposed to super wide) so not sure how it fairs tbh but the footage seems to have less stabilisation than superwide but also the terrain was very very shaky!
in the actual smoother sections the camera does really well so i dunno ?

All in all i will take today as a good day and hopefully improve in future here if i can get a regular ride out at ECP.

Its a bit longer than usual and not fully processed at max quality but the 2160 is available if anybody wants to get to sleep early

much appreciation to those that do take time to view,
Cheers.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Out on the anlogues last night, using the GP10 on the open face slightly higher mount to get a a play with it in the slightly darker settings, 4k at 24FPS and hypersmoth set to max.
looks good to me i cant really tell the difference above 2k as my eyes are not the best these days, i would suggest trying to get the highest fps though as it helps with the fast moving images so maybe drop from 4k to something a tad lower with a higher fps.
I did notice... at one point your on screen speedo was showing 133mph ! i might be mistaken but i dont think you were actually doing 133mph
View attachment 86966

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
looks good to me i cant really tell the difference above 2k as my eyes are not the best these days, i would suggest trying to get the highest fps though as it helps with the fast moving images so maybe drop from 4k to something a tad lower with a higher fps.
I did notice... at one point your on screen speedo was showing 133mph ! i might be mistaken but i dont think you were actually doing 133mph
View attachment 86966
133 mph was reached because the Shimano motor wasn't holding me back ;)
the lower frame rate apparently helps in low light conditions???

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
133 mph was reached because the Shimano motor wasn't holding me back ;)
the lower frame rate apparently helps in low light conditions???
ah yeah that makes sense, The akaso has an auto low light feature but its always unavailable lol ! maybe its only available on a lower fps i will see if thats the case for me. ( cheers )

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
One from Dalby Forest yesterday on the pedal bikes with the insta360 one rs

I've had a play with the chest mount but there's alot of shaking in the footage, I might need to tighten the straps up to help a bit but the top of lid mount works quite well for following people.

I've also noticed it seems a bit slow to change from light to dark conditions, so coming into a sunny clearing it can all be a bit over exposed. Im wondering if switching from 60fps to 30 might help with this?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles