LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Your editing is so good now. Glad you finally got a camera that I can almost watch the rides with. Just point the chest cam up and you should be the next influencer.
Thanks @BAMBAMODA ( i think ). Not sure if your being sarcastic lol but all in all i definitely see an improvement.
Its a bonus if anyone actually almost watches my videos but i dont do it for others its for myself and my kids to watch.
I suppose my influence could be " dont be as bad as slym "
Regards

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Nice footage, what camera / set up?
Gopro 8 chin mounted on a full face helmet with a power pack cable tied to the back of the helmet. It's got a windslayer and fluffy mic covers on it and it still picks up the minutest noise. 4k at 30fps with ultra smooth.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
There was a bike fest here this weekend. They had to cancel the ebike categorie because only one showed up, but allowed me to ride, so here goes for delight of fellow ebikers to watch what it looks like ebiking among purists:

Attachments

• IMG_1743.MOV
    30.2 MB

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
This is not me, but I think you may enjoy this full video of the 2022 UCI XC CUP track that is going to happen next weekend in Petropolis, Brazil.
Its a pretty technical track with lots of jumps and drops more like an enduro track than a XC one, the guy is fast and does it in 12 minutes, while Avancini, Sarou and other top racers will do it in 20 min.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Got myself my first gps smart watch thingy ( amazfit gtr ) with a custom strap so took it out for a spin, grabbed some video footage ( 1080p 60fps as i feel the stabilization is better ) so heres the quick version.
P.s the footage has nothing in relation to the new watch lol but the watch does work really really well.

Attachments

• IMG_20220408_211034.jpg
    IMG_20220408_211034.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
My first ever pump track ride !!
Ventured over to the new built localish pump track to have a go. I absolutely loved it, very nervous but had a blast.
Has a bit of other footage before and after i pumped

* Nothing spectacular but it was fun for me

( You tube is taking an age to process this 4k so might be in potato quality for a while )

Longish version
Short version

Last edited:

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
If you are interested, I have had some trouble with getting decent video uploaded to YouTube and finally figured out that my chest mount was not tight enough and my frame rate was too slow for all the motion. I record in 2.7K @ 60 FPS on a Hero 10 and then edit in Adobe Premiere. I output to MP4 using the H.264 codec but upscale the output to 4K with a bitrate of 100 MBPS which matches my input footage. I think it works well with YouTube's compression algorithms which will always recompress your videos if they are less than 4K and make them look noticeably worse. I am not sure how people make edits on a phone!
It is unseasonably cold here in Vancouver BC but I did get out to hit a couple of trails this weekend. My hands were frozen and the trails have only recently let go of winter and their crust of snow and ice so they were a little rough. Both trails are single black tech trails on the North Shore.

7th Secret Mt. Fromme - I had to miss a few of the features as I was alone and they are some what high consequence.

Pipeline Mt. Fromme. - One of the original North Shore trails. This one of the first trails I ever rode on the North Shore where I was just starting out. It scared the crap out of me! Since then, I have fallen off the structure numerous times.

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
MTB Matarraña Tracks
Matarraña (or Matarranya) is an Aragonese region located in the east of the province of Teruel. You can find there many tiny villages in a wild environment. As there isn’t any city nearby and roads are still narrow, nature, some tourism and country-life are the main activities.
In my short video I ride the route 5 of this MTB center. My family and I stayed in a tiny rural hotel built as the traditional country houses (Mas) far away from the village.
I hope you enjoy it!!!
Shot with a GoPro 10 in 4k

“Sierras Matarraña MTB” Ruta5: Serra Fondespala

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A short clip from Friday's (I could get used to that) FoD ride...

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Finally got time to play with the settings on the GoPro hero 10.
Interesting findings, since worked out that because I was using ALL the settings it kills off the battery.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Finally got time to play with the settings on the GoPro hero 10.
Interesting findings, since worked out that because I was using ALL the settings it kills off the battery.

Thanks for your testing. I like the GPS (speed and trail position) on the video. I have never tried a chin/helmet mount as I think that every time I turn my head to look at something it, it is distracting. I use a chest mount that is tightly strapped on so there is no movement. I record at 2.7k at 60 FPS, Superview, Hypersmooth: Standard, Bitrate: High, WB: 5500K, Sharpness: Medium with the Hero 10. You might consider dropping the Exposure Comp down to at least -0.5 in part of your tests as it helps reduce the hotspots in bright areas. Also, I would suggest recording in at least 2.7K and uploading to Youtube at 4K as they do something funky with their compression alogrithym if you only upload in 1080.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Amazing how much noise the top of the helmet brought.

I'm glad I did it, found out what worked and what didn't, want to try my chesty again as the view from the chin on the 10 seems too zoomed in???

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Thanks for your testing. I like the GPS (speed and trail position) on the video. I have never tried a chin/helmet mount as I think that every time I turn my head to look at something it, it is distracting. I use a chest mount that is tightly strapped on so there is no movement. I record at 2.7k at 60 FPS, Superview, Hypersmooth: Standard, Bitrate: High, WB: 5500K, Sharpness: Medium with the Hero 10. You might consider dropping the Exposure Comp down to at least -0.5 in part of your tests as it helps reduce the hotspots in bright areas. Also, I would suggest recording in at least 2.7K and uploading to Youtube at 4K as they do something funky with their compression alogrithym if you only upload in 1080.
That's very interesting, I'll have a try with those suggestions.

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
Murcia y Almería: Las cuatro calas y sendas a Los Lobos
Here’s my latest video, now far away from the Pyrenees!!
Los Cocedores beach has historically been disputed between Almería and Murcia and today they still do not agree. What everyone agrees on is its enormous beauty and its historical and geological value. In the video you can see paths of "Las cuatro calas" and also the paths that go to the town of Los Lobos, further south.
I am sorry for the last shots with the sun just in front of me… I hope you enjoy it!!
Music: “The diamond ring” by The Dead South

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles