LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@R120 holy sh#t dude that guy is riding that bike totally on the outer limits of warp speed
Great share ??

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah hes going full tilt boogie - just thought it was interesting how the footage really captures the speed, which i find the hardest thing to do on a go pro

mike tatt

Oct 11, 2018
Worsthorne, Lancashire
Some great movies here - and some great riding.

Here's my shot - pretty tame by the standards already set - but this is my (almost daily) local lunchtime blast.
I'm fortunate enough to work from home and have this short track is on my doorstep - it would be rude not to use it :)

Part way around someone has kindly put a nice log across the track - we had a spate of this for a few weeks.

First time out with the camera (GP5) using a basic chest mount - so angles etc are not that great

Original in 1080/60fps - low colour / contrast etc edited and colour balanced in iMovie on an old macbook.

I've loads more clips in the area - just need to find time to edit them into something decent

Gordon

Oct 18, 2018
Porto Portugal
Sorry, but I'm not impressed with the GoPro. I use a head mounted Sony AZ1 and just upoad the raw footage to YouTube. It's also fantastic for night filming. Great stability and rain proof as well. Pardon my terrible Portuguese - it's a hard language to learn. This video was taken in April at the height of the heather bloom, just above Valongo, Porto PT. See more on my YT channel
GordonGrams

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Sorry, but I'm not impressed with the GoPro. I use a head mounted Sony AZ1 and just upoad the raw footage to YouTube. It's also fantastic for night filming. Great stability and rain proof as well. Pardon my terrible Portuguese - it's a hard language to learn. This video was taken in April at the height of the heather bloom, just above Valongo, Porto PT. See more on my YT channel
GordonGrams
No bad, but nowhere near as good as the GoPro 7. Or I'm I missing something? :unsure:

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
This is my first ever recording with my brand new Gopro 7 Black just yesterday, I have never owned a Gopro before so just leaning the basic features. Its recorded in 2.7k wide with no protune and full stabilization. I'm using a cheap chest mount bought on eBay and it is actually working quite good.

The video is by no means spectacular in any way as Denmark is flat as a pancake so only way to move forward is by using pedals, no gravity riding anywhere close to me - It is typical XC teritory with a few technical sections with big slippery roots and tight turns.

Karsten

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Cheers back and yes, however Hartzen in Germany is closer to me where I live in the northern most part of Jutland.

Karsten

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
My friend had to cancel our riding trip yesterday so instead of heading down the valley on my own I just took the Ebike out for a proper local play (1/2 mile from the door). As I was on my own and pretty much had the woods to myself bar a few dog walkers I thought I'd have a go at videoing. This is my fist ever try at filming anything. Used my phone and logs/sticks stones etc lying around the woods to prop it up but couldn't really see the screen properly so angle was a bit of guess work. Hats off to anyone who can make riding footage look any good. You can't really tell but the step down in this video is a tripple and it's 30ft out and about 10ft down to where I'm landing but looks flat and lame.

anybody got a suggestion for some sort of phone holder/tripod thingy? smaller the better a I don't carry a pack ever and to fit a small Sony z3 compact (about iphone size)

Last edited:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
My friend had to cancel our riding trip yesterday so instead of going on heading down the valley on my own I just took the Ebike out for a proper local play (1/2 mile from the door). As I was on my own and pretty much had the woods to myself bar a few dog walkers I thought I'd have a go at videoing. This is my fist ever try at filming anything. Used my phone and logs/sticks stones etc lying around the woods to prop it up but couldn't really see the screen properly so angle was a bit of guess work. Hats off to anyone who can make riding footage look any good. You can't really tell but the step down in this video is a tripple and it's 30ft out and about 10ft down to where I'm landing but looks flat and lame.

anybody got a suggestion for some sort of phone holder/tripod thingy? smaller the better a I don't carry a pack ever and to fit a small Sony z3 compact (about iphone size)

The side shots work well as you get a good sense of the slope and distance - my favourites are the 5 shots between 0:08 and 0:19 if you are asking :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The side shots work well as you get a good sense of the slope and distance - my favourites are the 5 shots between 0:08 and 0:19 if you are asking :)
Thanks mate. I'd have to watch the clip to see which ones you mean. Other than the first and last clips (which I needed to add to fill the instagram time constraints) I just uploaded them in random order while pissed last night. I'm utterly shit at this sort of thing and strugle with the most basic of phone apps. The angles are a bit random dependiing on how I placed the phone back down between sections.

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Thanks mate. I'd have to watch the clip to see which ones you mean. Other than the first and last clips (which I needed to add to fill the instagram time constraints) I just uploaded them in random order while pissed last night. I'm utterly shit at this sort of thing and strugle with the most basic of phone apps. The angles are a bit random dependiing on how I placed the phone back down between sections.
I know there pricey but a GoPro hero 7 would work wonders for you mate. Small , get a gorrila grip so you can hang it from trees and stuff and the. Some epic onboard footage of your action.

I think someone who can ride well like you can would be able to make some awesome quality video stuff just buy taking the GoPro into the woods . Get some super 240fps slow motion HD shots of your jumps and leaves flying up as you leave the ground......I'll direct it if you like ??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I know there pricey but a GoPro hero 7 would work wonders for you mate. Small , get a gorrila grip so you can hang it from trees and stuff and the. Some epic onboard footage of your action.

I think someone who can ride well like you can would be able to make some awesome quality video stuff just buy taking the GoPro into the woods . Get some super 240fps slow motion HD shots of your jumps and leaves flying up as you leave the ground......I'll direct it if you like ??
haha.. Thanks mate.

The reason I got the phone out was to see if I liked filming... the thought of buying a Hero7 has more than crossed my mind. Speaking to my mate (who makes Gopro motorcycle videos, Vlogs and reviews) lastnight over beers it sounds like I'd also need to get a new laptop too. Any pointers on what I'd need? (happy to go S/H as an expensive laptop isn't really needed by me for anything else)

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@Gary R8 dude some shit hot stylin going off ??
Gorilla pods are cool you They’ve got loads of uses and are dead handy for Billy no mates footage?
I ride alone a lot now days and it’s a pain in the ass try to capture some good footage but one of these comes in very handy. ??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks mate. I don't have the fist bump thingy is but it's returned. :)
I've ordered a cheapie gorilla pod off Ebay that comes with a gopro and tripod mount. not sure if I can make it work with the phone but I've also got an old kodak HD60 digi cam thing an ex gave me as a pressie I can use too. It's decent quality wise but battery life (AAs) from using it around the house on birthdays Xmas etc. is absolutely abysmal though.
My mate's actually offered to film me. christ knows if i'll ever happen we spend far more time getting jaked than ever doing anything constructive when we're together. :LOL:
My mate's son and the local young team have all got into biking and building and are now pretty good riders and (with a little guidance) their building is getting really good ;) ) so there's lots of new hidden away stuff locally to play and practice filming on. They're way better at filming ontheir phones than me (what teenager isn't?) so I'm sure they'll help an old guy like me out too.

This could get expensive.

AlwaysOff

Patreon
Oct 22, 2018
Rame Peninsula, Cornwall
I've just started looking into this as well.
Everyone seems to be loving the new Hero 7, is it really a game changer and make everything else obsolete?
I really like the helmet mounted view and seen loads of really great stuff from the Session 5, the quality looks good to me, it can be easily mounted underneath the visor and its smaller than the newer go pros. I'm tempted in getting a used one just to try. Got or bad idea??

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
I've just started looking into this as well.
Everyone seems to be loving the new Hero 7, is it really a game changer and make everything else obsolete?
I really like the helmet mounted view and seen loads of really great stuff from the Session 5, the quality looks good to me, it can be easily mounted underneath the visor and its smaller than the newer go pros. I'm tempted in getting a used one just to try. Got or bad idea??
My only thing is the session 5 doesn't have the hypersmooth stabilization. And honestly hands down it's a massive game changer to me. It literally means I can just take the GoPro and chest/helmet mount and get gimbal like videos that look profffesional.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles