Leeds bike park 3rd Nov

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Me, @Bongofish and @Krisj are planing a rideout on 3rd Novemeber at Leeds bike park. The more the merrier, it’s a pretty good layout there for sessioning so people could meet us and ride as little or much as they want ?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
What time you planning on being there?
Saturday is a killer as all my kids will want to come and I’ll have to supervise!!

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Anytime really, I was thinking morning but not mega early. Be there for a good few hours though I imagine

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I’ve just got back from from Leeds bike park and it was really cool I’m well impressed
The wife loved it too probably because she got about 3 queens of the mountain so she was super stoked.
Like I say dude I’m easy and what ever times cool with everyone else ??

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Anyone here fancy a northern e bike WhatsApp groupbif you guys use it? I'm on a normal bike what's app group and went out riding with them on Saturday but I went on my e bike and now in the chat they are telling me E-Bikes are not cool. It's not in a argumentive way as such but I'm now defending my choice of bike. I honestly was back at the top of trail not knackered with everyone and I had as much fun (if I'm being honest and not modest I appeared to be fastest as well ) on the trails and had fun doing little jumps as everyone else yet I was there for 2 hours longer than everyone and had the most energy at the end. I still don't get why people think e bikes are not a good thing??? Fair enough if you don't want one but don't be saying they are not cool and most probably the reason for that is (this is going to sound so mean) that you want one but can't afford one . When I met up with everyone I got the whole 'youve got something stuck to your bike mate' thing and then pointing at the battery's

Anyway thought it might be cool to have a little WhatsApp group to talk about rides or anything last minute or just bikes or local things etc etc. Angeline want to then just private inbox me your number and I'll set one up and add you. ?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Yeah most of my biking mates are like that but most see the genuine benefits of riding ebikes deep down they just like giving me grief, problem is they are only interested in uplift days atm. Something which ebikes could get them away from, but they seem to like getting in a sweaty van at Hamsterley and the likes ?‍♂️?

Are any of you on Instagram? I run @emtbuk and was going to put a post on nearer the time to try and get a few others along to the meet up. There’s quite a few people on that group but not sure how many northern? I can tag you guys in it if have you on there. @Eckythump I already follow you ?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I just laugh @ them it doesn’t bother me one bit, there loss
To be honest I had the most heckling I’ve ever had when I was a Leeds bike park at the weekend. I told one guy that was saying I was cheating feel free to try and keep up with me , just as I was setting off down the woodland trail , I then lapped him pushing his bike up to the black run and I just popped a wheelie past him going up hill ????
Had a sh#t hot day though and can’t wait for the 3rd.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
We went riding up the Quantock hills with some friends few weeks ago, 3 of them on manual bikes and me on my Kenevo. 2 hours later of non stop piss taking getting called a cheat and a looser ( in good friendly bunter though ) we came back in the cars all 3 of them fecked and packing up to go home. I just wave them goodbye and carried on for another hour while they looking at me with the face like " I wish I had an e bike " .........who's the looser then? ;)

Have fun guys, I can't make that date :cautious:

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
@myskovon yeah, followed your channel a long while??

I’m ok with a WhatsApp group only downside would be taking open traffic off the forum.

Yeah I’m totally not against the WhatsApp group, it’s a great shout, but maybe do it after we’ve met up. Think for now leave the pre chat on here so hopefully others will see and decided to join us on the 3rd ?

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Fellas, im itching to get going on this emtb hype. Literally very little trail experience. Ridden bikes for years tho just not on trails etc. Off to try a Ghost emtb at the weekend defy looking to purchase just need to settle on what I'm happy with. Id certainly join a northerners group on here if its available.

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Yes mate available ?. We've also set up a little WhatsApp group just for meet finalizing details on meet ups and stuff. But not to take any main traffic away from here. It doesn't matter on skill level. I'm really crap on burms. Just go at your own speed and do whatever line your comfortable with. First time imwent to Leeds j had to walk down one very steep burm as I just was unsure about it. Then I rid it and all was fine. ?.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Plenty of fun to be had round the phase 2 development at Leeds Urban Bike Park.

Seems the North is the place to look for non Specialized bikes!!
(Although every other emtb we saw was from the big S!!)

IMG_7954.jpg
IMG_7946.jpg

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@Eckythump i’ll Second that dude it was Great day had by all and your a cool ? group of lads to ride with.
Hopefully on the next northern ride out there will be more to join us. ??

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Top day out ? just looked on my Garmin and my average HR for moving time was about 15 beats higher than when I’m biking with none emtb mates. Thanks for helping make me fitter lads ??

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Completely agree. Really great bunch of lads and looking forward to riding again with you guys and progressing ....who knows in next 6 months I might be trying that gnarly black drop you all did and I chickened ??. Really want to ride again soon lads ?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Completely agree. Really great bunch of lads and looking forward to riding again with you guys and progressing ....who knows in next 6 months I might be trying that gnarly black drop you all did and I chickened ??. Really want to ride again soon lads ?

Also, don’t be too harsh on yourself about that dude, you did the right thing to miss it out. Wouldn’t be doing your progression any favours by taking a spill on something like that when you’re just getting back into it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles