Lapierre 927

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Evening people. Looking at bikes today in my lbs. Was offered the Lapierre 927 at what seemed a massive reduction from marked price. Just wanted some thoughts on this model if anyone owns one or is up on spec knowledge.....

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Not ridden one, but would like to test one as the Lappierre range is on my shortlist. the only main thing putting me off is the weight. it doesn't list the weight for that model but the model below it is listed as 24,4.

100 Cols

Mar 9, 2018
Côte d'Azur, France
I've had a 827i for 5 or 6 weeks and almost 900 km now. Done one +100 km tour in the mountains, with a spare battery in the backback. I do like the bike.

I had a 527i this spring, it was destroyed in the head-on collision with oncoming car and I bought the 827i when I had a permission to start riding again... it's still somewhat difficult to walk, but easy ebiking is OK. Obviously I don't push the bike near the limits, so my experience is pretty limited. Nevertheless, it's one of the best looking eThings in the market.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I have a 927 and loving it :) Mostly ride rocky bridleways and some red trails, but nothing hard & fast as I'm new to MTBing.

Some of the reasons I chose it were: Shimano motor & display, wanted to try Di2 (lovely), Fox forks with Kashima bling :love:, and the snake battery looked cool and would be well protected in the down tube.

So far no real problems - just a sticky lock for the battery, easily fixed by spraying with lube.

They do seem on the heavier end of the weight spectrum as Kangr mentioned - e-bikeshop.co.uk lists it as 24.1kg (Lapierre Overvolt AM 927i 2018 Shimano) which would be for a medium or large? My XL is close to 25kg but I've made changes for comfort (no idea on weight differences.)

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I have a 927 and loving it :) Mostly ride rocky bridleways and some red trails, but nothing hard & fast as I'm new to MTBing.

Some of the reasons I chose it were: Shimano motor & display, wanted to try Di2 (lovely), Fox forks with Kashima bling :love:, and the snake battery looked cool and would be well protected in the down tube.

So far no real problems - just a sticky lock for the battery, easily fixed by spraying with lube.

They do seem on the heavier end of the weight spectrum as Kangr mentioned - e-bikeshop.co.uk lists it as 24.1kg (Lapierre Overvolt AM 927i 2018 Shimano) which would be for a medium or large? My XL is close to 25kg but I've made changes for comfort (no idea on weight differences.)
How does the weight feel tho?? Im slightly wary of this factor, I've been looking at the Canyon and they are around 22kg. Will that saving make a difference on general trail riding??

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
How does the weight feel tho?? Im slightly wary of this factor, I've been looking at the Canyon and they are around 22kg. Will that saving make a difference on general trail riding??

I don't have enough experience of other (e-)mtbs to be able to give a useful opinion unfortunately. I don't do any jumps or anything like that. Maybe some others here can give some feedback on what weight will affect.

It certainly goes up or down insanely steep long slopes fine - but I'm sure any emtb will :)

The only time I notice the weight is if I have to lift it over a gate - but again probably the same for any bike over 20kg!

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I don't have enough experience of other (e-)mtbs to be able to give a useful opinion unfortunately. I don't do any jumps or anything like that. Maybe some others here can give some feedback on what weight will affect.

It certainly goes up or down insanely steep long slopes fine - but I'm sure any emtb will :)

The only time I notice the weight is if I have to lift it over a gate - but again probably the same for any bike over 20kg!
Will you keep me updated with how you feel with the bike? Literally the only person I've spoke to that has one or has ridden one. Your officially my eyes and ears hahaha. Good luck. I expect a fully written report on my desk by next week hahaha. Happy riding

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I have recently bought a 627i, before this I had a Levo. The Lapierre has more travel then the Levo so feels plusher. I prefer the Shimano Steps over the Brose but the two systems are very similar, as in they ride more like normal bikes, compared to the Bosch.
The Lapierre is heavier than the Levo but I get 10 miles more range with the Lapierre. I really liked the Levo but the Lapierre for me is just a better ride.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I have recently bought a 627i, before this I had a Levo. The Lapierre has more travel then the Levo so feels plusher. I prefer the Shimano Steps over the Brose but the two systems are very similar, as in they ride more like normal bikes, compared to the Bosch.
The Lapierre is heavier than the Levo but I get 10 miles more range with the Lapierre. I really liked the Levo but the Lapierre for me is just a better ride.
Thanks for the info. Just been looking at Moustache emtb range but all Bosch. A lot lighter tho. Not sure how much that matters for general trail riding

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles