Kiox giving low mileage from full battery

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Having a bit of a mare after an update. Currently trying to cycle north to South Wales and the bike is only giving me 19miles from a 100% 625 battery.
Yesterday the 18mile ride got me back with 1mile left and today when I noticed the poor mileage I ended up with a borrowed bike.
Any ideas if I can sort it out without involving a bike shop?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
There might not be anything wrong - it all depends on the mode you're using, how hilly it is , how fast you are going etc.

I reckon I'd get less than 19 miles on my normal rides if I just left my bike in turbo mode, and travelled quickly .

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
There might not be anything wrong - it all depends on the mode you're using, how hilly it is , how fast you are going etc.

I reckon I'd get less than 19 miles on my normal rides if I just left my bike in turbo mode, and travelled quickly .
Just to resurrect this issue.
My 19miles range was in eco from first switch on without any riding.
So I lent it to some of the group to thrash around BPW and they said it was all over the place on the milage.
My last day of the riding started with 59mile from start in eco and by the time I got to the top of a forest about 5mile away it was reading 22m in eco.
After 1 trail section it went to 24m and after another section it went to 29m.
Now I know trail and emtb are variable so it's only an estimate but I thought eco would give a reasonable accurate estimate.
Its quite unnerving when miles from civilisation and it's telling me that its about to die and I'm in the middle of the Brecon beacons 😳

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
The range estimate on the kiox just seems to be based on the last mile or so ridden, so if you're going up a hill the range estimate will get smaller , start going on the flat and it will get bigger.

I don't even bother looking at the range estimate,it's useless really .

You'll soon get a feel for how long you can make a battery last for your style of riding and the terrain you are on

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
The range estimate on the kiox just seems to be based on the last mile or so ridden, so if you're going up a hill the range estimate will get smaller , start going on the flat and it will get bigger.

I don't even bother looking at the range estimate,it's useless really .

You'll soon get a feel for how long you can make a battery last for your style of riding and the terrain you are on
Thanks for that. The kiox is a new addition to the bike also and I have not had much chance to suss its idiocincrysis out yet.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I've just altered the screen to show battery % instead of range now. 👍

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Honestly on the 625 batt gen 4 motor left in ECO it will return at least 50 miles ( i can get near 70) switching between ECO and Tour will get you at least 30 miles more like 40. Don't get hung up on the range its a guide but like said above it needs a refence.

I've been riding the bosch gen 4 motor for 4 years.

Todays small ride ride from 100% charge, 21 miles eco/ plenty of tour and finished off the last 1.5 mile in Turbo because its a massive uphill road ride home and I'm lazy :) . 58% battery left.

My local 12 mile park ride in eco with a small amount of tour uses 18% battery .

Saying all that you could have a problem but above might give you some refence, good luck with the adventure it sounds epic .

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I get about 20 miles on turbo running enduro tyres at low at 22 psi

I used to get about 30 miles on turbo when tyres where pumped up to about 35 psi

I run Michelins and super draggy.
I did find that when I was riding on road when first got bike would start of with 23 miles would go down to about 12 miles as all up hill on way but on way back was all down hill so would get back with more miles than I started with.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Thanks for the info. In hindsight I should have popped the battery cover off and checked the battery lights. But it happened on an horrendous day with rain and wind plus loads of pushing and common sense went out of the window 😳

JZA

Jul 12, 2022
Wanaka, New Zealand
I’m having a similar issue with my Kiox 300 display. I did a 42km ride yesterday with about 750m of climbing all in Tour+ mode and at the start of the ride it estimated 46km range. At the end of the ride I still had 41% battery remaining so if you extrapolate that out it works out to about 71km range. I plugged my bike in today and charged it to 100% and it still estimates just 48km of range. It seems very conservative.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I’m having a similar issue with my Kiox 300 display. I did a 42km ride yesterday with about 750m of climbing all in Tour+ mode and at the start of the ride it estimated 46km range. At the end of the ride I still had 41% battery remaining so if you extrapolate that out it works out to about 71km range. I plugged my bike in today and charged it to 100% and it still estimates just 48km of range. It seems very conservative.
Its easily sorted by totally ignoring what the range says as it's too variable to be accurate.
Change your display to show battery percentage as that is the reading that matters.

16576260186697571322646733302003.jpg

JZA

Jul 12, 2022
Wanaka, New Zealand
Its easily sorted by totally ignoring what the range says as it's too variable to be accurate.
Change your display to show battery percentage as that is the reading that matters.

View attachment 92176
Fair call but it would be nice if it just worked as intended. I have mine set up to show battery percentage in the top row and I usually use the screen that shows distance, time and speed on the display. I have the Kiox 300 so the display looks a bit different to yours. I’d still like the range to be more accurate because I often check the app when it’s charging and it’d be nice if that showed accurate estimates. Maybe it is just assuming that I am going to be riding on steeper terrain because yesterday was a pretty easy/flat ride compared to my regular rides.

C7A9873C-F87C-46F9-8616-C111D206E855.png

8EABE978-3832-4B74-AACC-7BD6F1A2DE40.png

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Can you link me to the crystal ball that you use? I’d like a high quality one for the most accurate estimates. Does it have any other features?
Unfortunately they have discontinued that model now. 😅

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles