Kindernay and belt drive on a FS emtb ?

V86

Jul 13, 2018
Norway
The Kindernay Vii sure looks promissing.
Have anyone tried to run this in combination with a belt drive system on a full suspension emtb?

Either the Gates Carbon belt system with a belt tensioner or The Veer split belt drive with a belt tensioner?

The only FS belt drive emtb out there I know of is the Nicolaj Eboox E14 with the gates belt drive system and the Rohloff E14. Or is there any other option here?

It also doesn`t seem like the combined gearbox and motor is becoming mainstreem anytime soon (apart from the Valeo Effigear and the Revonte)

Pinion also gave up their attempt years ago:
877ECD8A-F5E9-46F5-A130-262B20E15547.jpeg

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
LBS in Louisville, finished a Kindernay 7 installation on a 2021 Trance X for me yesterday, and I'm picking it up today.

No belt though, we used a $20 8-speed chain🤔 and Kindernays optional chain tensioner.

livninctry

Jan 26, 2022
North Carolina
LBS in Louisville, finished a Kindernay 7 installation on a 2021 Trance X for me yesterday, and I'm picking it up today.

No belt though, we used a $20 8-speed chain🤔 and Kindernays optional chain tensioner.
Now that you have had a little time to ride the Kindernay VII, I would be interested and what you think. I am seriously considering one for my bike and would love to know your thoughts.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Now that you have had a little time to ride the Kindernay VII, I would be interested and what you think. I am seriously considering one for my bike and would love to know your thoughts.
Sorry for the huge delay. Prior to delivery of the K7, I ruptured a disk in my lower back. My riding has been so limited after surgery, that I could not really evaluate the hub.

I will say that after several weeks on the K7, I went back to a 10 speed on the Trance. No regrets

I plan to use the K7 on something, just not my trail bike. The no-shifting under load, and big ratio jumps, were not making much ride joy for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles