Kenevo occasionally tries to ride off after a stop

aw113sgte

Jul 15, 2018
La Crosse, WI
This has happened three times where I have stopped and the motor is trying to drive forward. Once I lifted the rear wheel and the tires just accelerated on it's own. I had to hit the rear brake to stop it spinning then it seemed to take the hint.
Anyone else experience the motor not turning off when coming to a stop and dismounting?

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester
Once or twice when doing a steep down hill followed steep uphill and then sudden stop tried to get off and the bike wanted to go off on its own, only in the turbo mode, maybe a bit of system lag? The walk assist seems to vary in when it actually kicks in if at all.

JoshDwnHll

Sep 22, 2018
South Australia
I got a levo for the missus to demo to see if she would be interested in one and it happened a few times, wasnt the best experience for her when she was riding over fallen trees because she couldnt stop it, even the rear brake would only stop it until you let go of the brake haha

aw113sgte

Jul 15, 2018
La Crosse, WI
Sounds like I'm not alone in this. It's not a huge issue but is a bit strange. After hooking up my kids bike trailer it did it a few.more times. Seemed to trigger it.

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
In a different post people were saying they would never upgrade to the BeLevo app for this reason. Looks like the Specialized app might have an issue with programming. I’m watching this post as I’ve experienced a slight take off in my 19 Kenevo but was controlled by a quick pull on the brake lever.

rodriry

Jul 25, 2018
US
When this happens, I reverse pedal and it immediately stops. I dont think it happens when I use trail or Eco mode.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles