Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo Headset

KC1

Nov 5, 2019
Herts
Hi Guys

I'm replacing the boxxers with a zeb and want to make sure I'm ordering the correct headset parts.

Currently the lower bearing sits directly on the boxxer crown raise.

Will I need to run different bearings?

Is this the correct bottom assembly?

Any help will be appreciated

Casey

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I could be mistaken, but I think your looking for item 'S182500005'.
Google that item number and add the word 'specialized' and you should find results.

The headset lower cup will raise the headtube and slacken your head angle.

hope this helps ?

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Hi Guys

I'm replacing the boxxers with a zeb and want to make sure I'm ordering the correct headset parts.

Currently the lower bearing sits directly on the boxxer crown raise.

Will I need to run different bearings?

Is this the correct bottom assembly?

Any help will be appreciated

Casey
If the original bearings/headset are still good, then why not just get the correct crown race for the zeb that's compatible with the current headset?

I purchased a cane creek 40 series crown race (52/40) 1.5" to fit a Fox 38

And if we are talking 2020+ Kenevos then there is no bottom assembly. It's integrated and only uses a bearing

• Agree
Reactions: CjP

KC1

Nov 5, 2019
Herts
If the original bearings/headset are still good, then why not just get the correct crown race for the zeb that's compatible with the current headset?

I purchased a cane creek 40 series crown race (52/40) 1.5" to fit a Fox 38

And if we are talking 2020+ Kenevos then there is no bottom assembly. It's integrated and only uses a bearing

This is what I've done. I was struggling to find the correct part but got it now :)

Cheers guys

Jboyd

Feb 9, 2021
California
This is what I've done. I was struggling to find the correct part but got it now :)

Cheers guys
Just to clarify, if I’m going from the Boxer Fork to a Fox 38, I can use the Cane Creek 40 series 52/40 1.5” crown race with the stock bearings?

C58B4BB3-E530-463B-A1A5-D949A2DADF3A.png

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Definitely, all the split crowns I’ve used have creaked and moaned. Also a few mates had the same issue.

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
It should also be noted that if you have the 2020+ Kenevo expert with the boxxer fork and you just want to replace the stock split crown to eliminate creaking you can use the stock lower bearing and buy a cane creek 40 steel 52/30 crown race to go back on the stock boxxer steerer tube.

Update as of 5/2023: Another forum member mentioned something about the angle of the lower bearing race being different “not standard” on stock specialized bikes so I’m not 100% certain now. If I can locate the member posting I will update the info here.

Last edited:

Hol47

Sep 28, 2019
Uk
It should also be noted that if you have the 2020+ Kenevo expert with the boxxer fork and you just want to replace the stock split crown to eliminate creaking you can use the stock lower bearing and buy a cane creek 40 steel 52/30 crown race to go back on the stock boxxer steerer tube.

Update as of 5/2023: Another forum member mentioned something about the angle of the lower bearing race being different “not standard” on stock specialized bikes so I’m not 100% certain now. If I can locate the member posting I will update the info here.

For anyone looking it seems like these options will fit:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles