Kenevo Expert - Chain sucked up Chainring rear derailleur jamming open

TurboKenny

Jan 22, 2022
Cotswolds
Hey guys,

I had this happen to me constantly yesterday at a bike park, the conditions were pretty muddy.

Basically first pedal cycle downhill the chain seemed to stick to the chainring nearly upto to rear derailleur, the rear detailer jammed open and everything locked up.

I'm running a standard Specialized Kenevo with SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed derailleur and Praxis 32T, Steel, 104BCD chain rings.

The workshop were stumped, they thought it may be the chain, weather conditions, bline or clutch.

Needless to say it ruined biking for me for the day.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I've not ran Sram before, thinking of swapping the parts out, looking for some advise..

Catch up soon.

TurboKenny

Jan 22, 2022
Cotswolds
Would be interesting to hear what the cause was. Have you tried the “search”?
Hey,

The b line needed tightening up, sticky clay from the park was making the chain stick to the chain ring... Tightened up the b line, gave it the usual after park clean and oil - all OK...

So all in all not an expensive fix :)

I am looking to replace the sram parts with hope bits once they need it...

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hey,

The b line needed tightening up, sticky clay from the park was making the chain stick to the chain ring... Tightened up the b line, gave it the usual after park clean and oil - all OK...

So all in all not an expensive fix :)

I am looking to replace the sram parts with hope bits once they need it...
As per my reply on the parallel thread you posted on the same topic................your issue is either a badly maintained or worn chain or worn chainwheel or more likely both.............nothing to do with the B tension adjustment. If your B tension was very far off you would have had shifting problems, not chain suck.

TurboKenny

Jan 22, 2022
Cotswolds
As per my reply on the parallel thread you posted on the same topic................your issue is either a badly maintained or worn chain or worn chainwheel or more likely both.............nothing to do with the B tension adjustment. If your B tension was very far off you would have had shifting problems, not chain suck.
Thanks for your efforts, but the pro bike shop sorted it for me at no charge and no parts, I think they so tinkered with some of the other settings too. Case closed but appreciate your replies. Have a good evening.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles