Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo Dent should i be worried?

Coburn

Aug 18, 2019
Somerset
Hi All
Looking for some advice, I came off today bruises only but my bike took a fare hit and the dual crown forks have hit and dented the side of the frame no other damage well shifter and grip but those are easily fixed replaced.
difficult to photograph but there does appear to be stress marks above the dent below the main weld to top tube.
So, question is should I worry about it or just ignore? and if I need to worry do Specialized offer crash replacement scheme?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
IMG_3754.jpg

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Yes Specialized do offer a crash replacement scheme

Is the dent creased anywhere? hard to tell in the pic

If its a straight up dent with no creasing or punctured tubing then id personally carry on riding it, have done before on other bikes with no issues

Coburn

Aug 18, 2019
Somerset
Yes Specialized do offer a crash replacement scheme

Is the dent creased anywhere? hard to tell in the pic

If its a straight up dent with no creasing or punctured tubing then id personally carry on riding it, have done before on other bikes with no issues
No Creasing and it managed the rest of the ride fine. I found another thread with simular thing on Kenevo. Maybe i will just measure the depth of the dent and then monitor it other the next few rides to ensure it isnt shifting. Thanks

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
That looks pretty bad to be honest and had ruined the resale value. Mine has a very very slight dink there. What's the point of the rubbers if not to protect the frame?
I've slid the rubbers down so they hit more at the bottom of the frame where it starts to curve round, should be stronger there.
I would be taking that back to a decent shop to see what they say.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles