Kenevo baseline suspension setups

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I just set the sag on the front and tweaked the rebound on the front until it felt right. The back is set pretty much in the middle.

In general I leave the platform switches wide open unless I'm on tarmac

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
I've only had my Kenevo a few weeks but I'm finding the TTX to be quite highly damped. I'm coming from a purely DH/best suspension performance standpoint with not a hoot given about pedalling performance, I initially set the sag, which was zero preload on the 507lb spring and set the compression damping to half way, but I've slowly been decreasing comp damping as time goes on, obviously I have the climb lever wide open.

On the rebound end I'm currently at two away from wide open, I'm guessing I'll set that to 3 if it's soft or muddy but it's been pure friggin hard pack and dust everywhere here in the UK since I got it :)
Anything over 3 clicks out is just too slow for this bike in my opinion, as i said before I've had limited time on it, but I'm pretty sure I won't be going past 3 clicks out.

I've put my boxxers on the front and they're pretty much set and forget for me now, i just match their stroke speed with the rear. Unfortunately this is the first bike I've ever put a Boxxer on where the front suspension is better than the back. I've got my eye on a way to improve the rear though so I'll create a thread about it if or when that happens :)

Last edited:

idahoskiguy

May 16, 2018
Idaho USA
Riding the Kenevo, size XL, since April and have found the forks to be quite good and have settled on a 25% sag as my preferred setting. The rear shock with the 548 lb spring required too much preload to achieve a proper bit of sag so a 571 lb spring has been ordered and looking forward to getting a proper amount of sag when installed. Admittedly I am a bit of an outlier as since I weigh 97KG ready to ride.

Taxi

Nov 11, 2018
Noosa SunnyCoast QLD Australia
I've only had my Kenevo a few weeks but I'm finding the TTX to be quite highly damped. I'm coming from a purely DH/best suspension performance standpoint with not a hoot given about pedalling performance, I initially set the sag, which was zero preload on the 507lb spring and set the compression damping to half way, but I've slowly been decreasing comp damping as time goes on, obviously I have the climb lever wide open.

On the rebound end I'm currently at two away from wide open, I'm guessing I'll set that to 3 if it's soft or muddy but it's been pure friggin hard pack and dust everywhere here in the UK since I got it :)
Anything over 3 clicks out is just too slow for this bike in my opinion, as i said before I've had limited time on it, but I'm pretty sure I won't be going past 3 clicks out.

I've put my boxxers on the front and they're pretty much set and forget for me now, i just match their stroke speed with the rear. Unfortunately this is the first bike I've ever put a Boxxer on where the front suspension is better than the back. I've got my eye on a way to improve the rear though so I'll create a thread about it if or when that happens :)
I pretty much have my bike set up the same,sometimes feels in real rocky down hill at speed the front suspension feels like it's only working in the firmer part of the fork stroke ?

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA

Got a pic to share with your boxxer? I’ve been eyeing one as an option myself. 29r or 27.5 version? Offset & ac are my concerns.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles