Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo 22 - Öhlins TTX22M2 Mounting

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
I have an Öhlins TTX22M2 shock that I originally bought for a LT Levo - 230 x 65.

It has top mounting hardware installed for a the Gen3 Carbon Levo. I want to install this on a new Kenevo Expert instead.

I’ve done a search but can’t find anything on what mounting hardware I actually need. I guess it will need something different from the Levo.

Also - theoretically, on the Levo you can transfer the hardware over from the X2 (I bought new) - not sure if you can do that on the Kenevo?

Any help would be appreciated as I’d love to get this dialled in when it arrives.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
IMG_5262.jpeg

Is this what I need? 12.7mm 6x20mm?

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
it looks to be the same hardware as your levo - M8 x 20mm. So the kti above is not the right kit.

if you google M8x20mm shock mounting kit you'll find loads of good options. For avoidance of doubt and not trusting internet forums you can always give TFtuned or one of the specialized focussed bike shops a call.

1.png

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
it looks to be the same hardware as your levo - M8 x 20mm. So the kti above is not the right kit.

if you google M8x20mm shock mounting kit you'll find loads of good options. For avoidance of doubt and not trusting internet forums you can always give TFtuned or one of the specialized focussed bike shops a call.

View attachment 120043
Thanks Andy.

There is conflicting info. Official tech docs from Specialized state M6 whereas it seems in practice it’s the same M8 bolt as a Levo.

Confirmed with J Tech Suspension that it is ambitious.

However I have confirmed as per your point it’s a M8 x 20mm mounting hardware required.

So theoretically the M8 x 20mm hardware I have already mounted from my Levo should just fit into the Kenevo when it arrives!

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully this will help other peeps.
IMG_5265.jpeg
IMG_5267.jpeg

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
Hi !

It will fit 1:1 from Levo gen3 to Kenevo gen2.

But: With the loooong yoke in the Kenevo i would recommend the Öhlins spherical ball-joint bearing in the cylinderhead-eyelet instead of the static bushings to reduce stress on shockmount and shock shaft. There is a reason why speci also used them in the kenevo gen1 expert.

The Problem is: they only fit into the 16mm eyelet of the TTX22M metric and not on the actual .M2 shock which got a 15mm eyelet. That's why i'm using the old cylinder head in my kenevo actually.

Best regards,

Chris

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Hi !

But: With the loooong yoke in the Kenevo i would recommend the Öhlins spherical ball-joint bearing in the cylinderhead-eyelet instead of the static bushings to reduce stress on shockmount and shock shaft. There is a reason why speci also used them in the kenevo gen1 expert.

The Problem is: they only fit into the 16mm eyelet of the TTX22M metric and not on the actual .M2 shock which got a 15mm eyelet. That's why i'm using the old cylinder head in my kenevo actually.

Best regards,

Chris
Wow - nothing is ever easy with our hobby! Great thanks for the insight!

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Hi !

Best regards,

Chris
Where did you get the spherical bearing out of interest? When I enquired about this to a UK suspension company, I don't recall their name, they said they were no longer available.

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
The bearing is a GE8C which you get from various suppliers.

Or here the Öhlins branded bearing: ÖHLINS Ball Joint Kit Kugelgelenk für 16 mm Eyelet

And you need the Ball joint bushings and grind them from 21,8mm to 20mm width:

Best regards,

Chris

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles