Kenebo or Levo?

Jonathan

Jan 5, 2020
Chester
Hi there Im looking to go full suspension as my currant Haibike is Hardtail and fancy either a Specialized Turbo Kenebo expert 2018 at 3K with 200miles. But my Specialized dealer has the standard turbo Levo 2020 fsr at 3.65k. I’m 6foot 4 so XL in both why would you recommend?
Thanks in advance. I just sold my KTM trials bike which I used for green laneing so want something to get me anywhere
Jonathan

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Hey Jonathan

Welcome aboard. Cant comment too much on the Specialized as im a Giant owner. They are certainly the most popular brand / model on this fourm but certainly motor failures seem to come up quite often:unsure:

Let us know what you decide on

Cheers, Joe :coffee:

Jonathan

Jan 5, 2020
Chester
Hey Jonathan

Welcome aboard. Cant comment too much on the Specialized as im a Giant owner. They are certainly the most popular brand / model on this fourm but certainly motor failures seem to come up quite often:unsure:

Let us know what you decide on

Cheers, Joe :coffee:
Hi Joe,
Really appreciate your feedback, I may play safe and buy a new one from a dealer at least I will have warranty. I don’t normally worry about buying things so it’s good to have an impartial advice as the dealers only want to sell as does everyone.
All the best
Jonathan

Baba

Aug 11, 2019
anacortes, WA
IMO the levo feels more nimble. I came from a full suspension stump 26.6" and the levo 29er seems less nimble due to angles and wheels, but the kenebo seemed even less nimble. Ive had my turbo since August, and its got to be really tight for me to worry about it anymore.

Jonathan

Jan 5, 2020
Chester
IMO the levo feels more nimble. I came from a full suspension stump 26.6" and the levo 29er seems less nimble due to angles and wheels, but the kenebo seemed even less nimble. Ive had my turbo since August, and its got to be really tight for me to worry about it anymore.
H

Jonathan

Jan 5, 2020
Chester

Hi Thanks think I made the right Choice then I went for a Levo 2017 fattie, with brand new 500watt battery. It’s my first fsr so wanted to test the water I’m made up with it I’ve got a Haibike hard tail with Yamaha and it’s so much quieter and smother than that.
If I fall in love then I’ll go for the new 2020 700watt in a few months. Thanks again think Kenevo more a downhill Lebos seem a lot more popular

Baba

Aug 11, 2019
anacortes, WA
I have the 700watt, almost exclusively riding on eco mode, 1000-2000 climbing uses about 18% battery in 10 miles+-. Amazing range. Enjoy!!!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles