Just some photos from yesterdays ride...

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
These were taken in the Lake Creek area of Copper Basin Idaho. I had a great time, but it was a bit spooky riding alone in the wilderness. My friend with a Levo couldn't get the day off, sadly.
IMG_5442[1].JPG

IMG_5466[1].JPG

IMG_5485[1].JPG

IMG_5491[1].JPG

IMG_5506[1].JPG

IMG_5445[1].JPG
IMG_5508[1].JPG

The only issue I had was this coming loose:

IMG_5517[1].JPG

6AAAE7B3-3536-4B82-8FF6-9BA7DF19BD21.png

Last edited:

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
Looks amazing ! funny my sons Kenevo rear wheel keeper coming loss then the hub became loss on one ride , after we tighten it up seems ok now..

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Yes, I made sure to use blue loctite and some grease for the bearings when I got home. I would not want to be stranded alone in those mountains!
The ride was about 15 miles with about 3000 feet of vert.

Mambat

Mar 19, 2018
United Kingdom
That looks spectacular!

I would crap myself for Bears! I don't think you get Grizzlies there?
Here in South Africa sadly we cant ride in any of our National Parks that have the Big 5 (Lions/Buffalo/Elephant/Rhino/Leopard) for obvious reasons without an armed guide. But it does amaze me that you guys can with Bears and Mountain Lions!

Those photos are postcard worthy!!!!

Awesome bike as well (y)(y)(y)

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
Just see your bike on EMBT . super nice ...lol

That looks spectacular!

Here in South Africa sadly we cant ride in any of our National Parks that have the Big 5 (Lions/Buffalo/Elephant/Rhino/Leopard) for obvious reasons without an armed guide. But it does amaze me that you guys can with Bears and Mountain Lions!

These were taken in the Lake Creek area of Copper Basin Idaho. I had a great time, but it was a bit spooky riding alone in the wilderness. My friend with a Levo couldn't get the day off, sadly.
View attachment 3139
View attachment 3131
View attachment 3132
View attachment 3133
View attachment 3134
View attachment 3140 View attachment 3141

The only issue I had was this coming loose:

View attachment 3135

Last edited:

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
That looks spectacular!

I think we mostly have black bears, but in some areas grizzly bears are a possibility. Last year we were riding near Grand Teton National Park when we passed a black bear with cubs about 10 feet off the trail. We pedaled past it as quickly as we could, and continued on up the mountain. When I turned back to get a photo, the bear was walking up the trail we had been on a minute earlier. The photo is a bit grainy since I was using digital zoom on my cell phone. I have also seen 4 mountain lions in the last few years, so hopefully bear spray will work on them as well. If Lions, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard were roaming around, as is your country, I think I would stay inside a jeep ha ha.

IMG_3498[1].JPG

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
only cos us brits are jealous of the background. if that bike had been photod in a wet muddy english field leaning up our version of that bush - it wouldn't get that vote....

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I think we mostly have black bears, but in some areas grizzly bears are a possibility. Last year we were riding near Grand Teton National Park when we passed a black bear with cubs about 10 feet off the trail. We pedaled past it as quickly as we could, and continued on up the mountain. When I turned back to get a photo, the bear was walking up the trail we had been on a minute earlier. The photo is a bit grainy since I was using digital zoom on my cell phone. I have also seen 4 mountain lions in the last few years, so hopefully bear spray will work on them as well. If Lions, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard were roaming around, as is your country, I think I would stay inside a jeep ha ha.

View attachment 3150
I thought the whole benefit of being in the US is that you can carry a Colt .45 in your back pack, if you wished?

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
only cos us brits are jealous of the background. if that bike had been photod in a wet muddy english field leaning up our version of that bush - it wouldn't get that vote....
I could have posted this photo, but I'm sure everyone would have wondered what was on my shorts...

IMG_5308[1].JPG

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
I thought the whole benefit of being in the US is that you can carry a Colt .45 in your back pack, if you wished?
I do carry a Ruger Alaskan revolver in .454 Casull (which interestingly also will shoot Colt .45) but my friend with the Levo always brings spray as well.

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Nice one well done , have you put Floating Disc Brake Rotor on ? are they better .. also that a nice battery guard which make is it.. ?
Yes, the rotors are Hope brand drilled rotors. They look like they are floating, but they are not. The center rivet holds the rotor very tightly. I did have to do some slight grinding on the Code caliper for fitment. These rotors improved the braking performance, but they are noisy and tend to "grind" at low speed as I have experienced with other brands drilled rotors.

The carbon fiber guards are Rock Guardz brand :
TURBO LEVO / KENEVO - SPECIALIZED - ROCKGUARDZ
I have the motor bash guard and the frame/battery guard. The motor guard is held in place with double sided sticky tape and the battery guard is held on by the curved shape of the guard acting like a clamp. I am very satisfied with both. The battery guard has taken several hard hits from rocks tossed up from the front tire at high speed. A couple holes have been punched in the guard from these impacts. I will try to include a photo of this damage later.

The frame and rim graphics on my bike were ordered from SPEEDYDECAL SRL
They have a massive amount of Levo and Kenevo frame and wheel stickers.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I do carry a Ruger Alaskan revolver in .454 Casull (which interestingly also will shoot Colt .45) but my friend with the Levo always brings spray as well.
Cool nice and small - I like the old revolvers like the La Belle .55 with a fixed cylinder (X5) and side slider to remove the spent cartridge.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Would that stop a bear, or just annoy it?

We saw this one, FoD has got pretty wild lately ;)
D7041606-5397-4049-87FF-C536D9F0ABE7.jpeg

Baby bear was super cute too:
B37466FC-3274-4D11-952C-62915EB609B1.jpeg

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium

Don't complain, I'm in Belgium on a hardtail with a suntour fork. I'd be happy with a nice :LOL:.

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
Yes, the rotors are Hope brand drilled rotors. They look like they are floating, but they are not. The center rivet holds the rotor very tightly. I did have to do some slight grinding on the Code caliper for fitment. These rotors improved the braking performance, but they are noisy and tend to "grind" at low speed as I have experienced with other brands drilled rotors.

The carbon fiber guards are Rock Guardz brand :
TURBO LEVO / KENEVO - SPECIALIZED - ROCKGUARDZ
I have the motor bash guard and the frame/battery guard. The motor guard is held in place with double sided sticky tape and the battery guard is held on by the curved shape of the guard acting like a clamp. I am very satisfied with both. The battery guard has taken several hard hits from rocks tossed up from the front tire at high speed. A couple holes have been punched in the guard from these impacts. I will try to include a photo of this damage later.

The frame and rim graphics on my bike were ordered from SPEEDYDECAL SRL
They have a massive amount of Levo and Kenevo frame and wheel stickers.

Thanks, not heard of hope rotor that are not floating before ,why not floating?

Dave

Jul 20, 2018
Rugby
Christ ... if I had bears and lions and god knows what else out there just waiting for a nice juicy man burger I’d be taking something more substantial than a hand gun... and I’d get my self one of these .. sod the bike.. this thing is bear proof .. lion proof and bleedin dinosaur proof ...
and i reckon it’s got a brose motor too (y)(y)(y)

A44DC622-3369-4982-805A-AD6CBF97D069.png

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
That is super nice The scenery is stunning , I can see why you feel a bit spooked out there alone ?

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Thanks for all the comments on the photos! I was finally able to get out and do some more riding in the Sun Valley Idaho area after going over the bars and breaking 2 ribs. My pedal got tangled up in some barbwire, and after I hit the ground, the Kenevo flipped over and landed on my rib cage. Don’t let your e-bike land on you after a crash or you will find out how heavy they actually are!

AABE27A4-6C6D-4812-9955-FE7BBEA97B92.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles