Just ordered my first e-bike! KHS Sixfifty 6555+ (2019) - very excited!

ThunderGorilla

Mar 4, 2021
Long Beach, CA
It was brand new from here: KHS Sixfifty 6555+ Mountain E-Bike - 2019, Medium

Great deal on it... MSRP $5700 USD marked down to $3953 including shipping and tax!

Should be arriving March 9th. I am STOKED.

Here's a bit of history for my riding:

1. "Pacific" brand cheapo from Toys R Us - Gave me my first taste of riding, to and from school, 6 miles each way, very much downhill on the way there, very much uphill on the way home.
  2. 1994 Cannondale M-300 - Won this in a raffle, brand new. Added a Rockshox Quadra 21R fork and this became my "racing machine".
    download.jpg

95Quadra21.jpg
  3. Started racing in Junior high/high school. Mostly up in Big Bear Lake and Fontana, Ca
  4. For xmas in 1997, my parents got me a GT LTS-3. I LOVED this bike. Raced XC and Downhill on it, and this bike was my favorite bike I've ever had.
    download-(1).jpg
  5. I raced until I went to college, and once I was in college I didn't have any time to train, so I stopped racing, but would ride every weekend. When the bushings wore out on that LTS (and were apparently irreplaceable), I sold it and bought a used Marin Team Titanium hardtail. I rode that for a few years, until it was stolen out of the shared garage of our apartment. So I was looking for pictures of one online and found this one... which is EXTREMELY suspicious because this IS my bike. Same missing stickers. Same Bar-Ends. Same red titanium aftermarket allen-wrench non-quick release skewers. Same Judy XC fork. Same crankset. Different pedals and seat/seatpost. I found my stolen bike!! But sadly, the listing has been removed.
    download-(2).jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-04 115300.png

Screenshot 2021-03-04 115340.png

So, I hope whoever bought my old stolen bike is enjoying it as much as I did. I continued riding some weekends, but my riding tapered off somewhat starting around this time.
  6. So then I bought a used Felt Q520 to replace the Marin, and I've been using this for the past ten years:
    felt_q520_black_usa_09_z.jpg

Admittedly, my riding has tapered off to about once every few months... but recently I've been making changes to my life and have been riding more often.

My friend who I ride with just bought a Giant Trance e-bike and LOVES it. And seeing more of these e-bikes on the trails when we're riding has convinced me to look into them.

So now I bit the bullet. I'm so stoked to have a new toy to play with, and something that will get me out on the trail more often!

BMT18947_PH1_01_800x800.jpg

Last edited:

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
It was brand new from here: KHS Sixfifty 6555+ Mountain E-Bike - 2019, Medium

Great deal on it... MSRP $5700 USD marked down to $3953 including shipping and tax!

Should be arriving March 9th. I am STOKED.

Here's a bit of history for my riding:

1. "Pacific" brand cheapo from Toys R Us - Gave me my first taste of riding, to and from school, 6 miles each way, very much downhill on the way there, very much uphill on the way home.
  2. 1994 Cannondale M-300 - Won this in a raffle, brand new. Added a Rockshox Quadra 21R fork and this became my "racing machine".
    View attachment 54790
    View attachment 54791
  3. Started racing in Junior high/high school. Mostly up in Big Bear Lake and Fontana, Ca
  4. For xmas in 1997, my parents got me a GT LTS-3. I LOVED this bike. Raced XC and Downhill on it, and this bike was my favorite bike I've ever had.
    View attachment 54793
  5. I raced until I went to college, and once I was in college I didn't have any time to train, so I stopped racing, but would ride every weekend. When the bushings wore out on that LTS (and were apparently irreplaceable), I sold it and bought a used Marin Team Titanium hardtail. I rode that for a few years, until it was stolen out of the shared garage of our apartment. So I was looking for pictures of one online and found this one... which is EXTREMELY suspicious because this IS my bike. Same missing stickers. Same Bar-Ends. Same red titanium aftermarket allen-wrench non-quick release skewers. Same Judy XC fork. Same crankset. Different pedals and seat/seatpost. I found my stolen bike!! But sadly, the listing has been removed.
    View attachment 54794
    View attachment 54799
    View attachment 54800
    So, I hope whoever bought my old stolen bike is enjoying it as much as I did. I continued riding some weekends, but my riding tapered off somewhat starting around this time.
  6. So then I bought a used Felt Q520 to replace the Marin, and I've been using this for the past ten years:
    View attachment 54802

Admittedly, my riding has tapered off to about once every few months... but recently I've been making changes to my life and have been riding more often.

My friend who I ride with just bought a Giant Trance e-bike and LOVES it. And seeing more of these e-bikes on the trails when we're riding has convinced me to look into them.

So now I bit the bullet. I'm so stoked to have a new toy to play with, and something that will get me out on the trail more often!

View attachment 54805
Welcome to the forum & enjoy. Keep us posted on your thought of emtbing once you get your new set of wheels. ??

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Thanks! Appreciate it! Glad there are forums like this around still, that's a bit more intimate/nicer than Reddit and not as personal as Facebook.
Sorry don’t do FB. If I had time to go on there, it means there’s something else better for me to do. ???. There is a host of knowledge & experience on here, because it seems to be full of 50 yr olds upwards. ?. Enjoy.

ThunderGorilla

Mar 4, 2021
Long Beach, CA
Sorry don’t do FB. If I had time to go on there, it means there’s something else better for me to do. ???. There is a host of knowledge & experience on here, because it seems to be full of 50 yr olds upwards. ?. Enjoy.

Haha! Awesome! I'm 40, and I'm not used to being the "young guy" anymore. That'll be refreshing! :)

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Thanks! Appreciate it! Glad there are forums like this around still, that's a bit more intimate/nicer than Reddit and not as personal as Facebook.
Haha! Awesome! I'm 40, and I'm not used to being the "young guy" anymore. That'll be refreshing! :)
??. Dr Stupid who is a forum member, bought one of these in 2019. You may want to check his posts out as he did some mods/adjustments. That may be helpful with set up??

ThunderGorilla

Mar 4, 2021
Long Beach, CA
??. Dr Stupid who is a forum member, bought one of these in 2019. You may want to check his posts out as he did some mods/adjustments. That may be helpful with set up??

Appreciate it! I did find some of his posts doing a search, so I'll be noting what he did. Thanks very much!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles