Just ordered a Commencal Meta Power 202 (27.5)

puma931

Nov 5, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi, new to eMTB (have an old Commencal Meta) and have just placed an order for a new Meta Power :)
Anyone one here de-restricting the E8000 whilst retaining the correct speed readings?
metapower2020.PNG

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
restricting the E8000 whilst retaining the correct speed readings

There's still quite a few riders out there who keeps there's restricted. The speed reading normally stays correct if you leave it like that ..... :)

I did try restricting my Kenevo down to 20kph in the interest of more range, it didn't work and wasn't fun.

Keep in mind the usual warnings about affecting your warranty if you override any fixed settings on the bike. Also keep in mind that you might no longer be legal. If you're not bothered too much about your warranty and ride on private ground, then search the forum for steps unlocker and stunlocker (it changed names because shimano blocked "steps"). If you use that (€30) you can change the location to US from EU and increase the limit to 32kph, which feels a lot more natural for most riding. This doesn't change the "wheel size" setting, so the speed display stays accurate.

puma931

Nov 5, 2019
United Kingdom
Sorry... i meant de-restrict
Just read about the ST Unlocker which looks good..

There's still quite a few riders out there who keeps there's restricted. The speed reading normally stays correct if you leave it like that ..... :)

I did try restricting my Kenevo down to 20kph in the interest of more range, it didn't work and wasn't fun.

Keep in mind the usual warnings about affecting your warranty if you override any fixed settings on the bike. Also keep in mind that you might no longer be legal. If you're not bothered too much about your warranty and ride on private ground, then search the forum for steps unlocker and stunlocker (it changed names because shimano blocked "steps"). If you use that (€30) you can change the location to US from EU and increase the limit to 32kph, which feels a lot more natural for most riding. This doesn't change the "wheel size" setting, so the speed display stays accurate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles