Just joined with my Vitus Esommet VR 2019

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Had the Vitus ESommet VR 2019 since January this year. Swapped out some components to suit me. Have had a couple of issues with the bikes due to thrashing it around here in Scotland but otherwise a very solid platform of an ebike to build on. One warning I hate buying complete bikes and would far rather have built the bike up from a frame-set and motor only purchaser, Wiggle has been a nightmare to deal with regarding warranty issue, currently in dispute about the battery, anyone know how I can address a warranty issue outwith retailer let me know...trying to get a hold of Shimano.

Attachments

• Vitus 1.pdf
    287.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Vitus 2.pdf
    293.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Battery Terminal 1.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 358

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Sorry to hear of your warranty woes Kendo, and welcome.

If its any consolation, you aren't the only one with a Vitus who has had issues with the drive system.

Simon-C

Sep 4, 2019
Montrose
Hi Kendo

I feel your pain. I've had the Vitus E Sommet VR for 18 months, few battery issues that were easily sorted from when the bike was delivered with loose terminals.

Since then the bike was totally fine, until the Dreaded E010 code appeared 3 months ago.
Very very long story short CRC have replaced the motor, but the customer service is terrible.

Still the bike is with them while I try to negotiate if I can warranty any future motor issues with Madison themselves (distributor for Shimano).

I don't ever want to have to struggle with CRC or Wiggle again and will be avoiding buying from them in the future.

Hope you have some joy in contacting Madison, I tried but no response. Normally they would only talk to your local Shimano service center at best, if your lucky.

Anyone had any success in that area please let me know.

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Hi Kendo

I feel your pain. I've had the Vitus E Sommet VR for 18 months, few battery issues that were easily sorted from when the bike was delivered with loose terminals.

Since then the bike was totally fine, until the Dreaded E010 code appeared 3 months ago.
Very very long story short CRC have replaced the motor, but the customer service is terrible.

Still the bike is with them while I try to negotiate if I can warranty any future motor issues with Madison themselves (distributor for Shimano).

I don't ever want to have to struggle with CRC or Wiggle again and will be avoiding buying from them in the future.

Hope you have some joy in contacting Madison, I tried but no response. Normally they would only talk to your local Shimano service center at best, if your lucky.

Anyone had any success in that area please let me know.
Hello,
Yeah have had the loose battery problem myself but easily solved by adjusting the top mount. I'm being completely ignored by Wiggle and the guys from CRC keep telling me to contact wiggle...nightmare, my battery issue regarding the bad terminal has not been resolved and I'm trying to get in contact with Shimano. The Rockshox Lyric fork is also one to watch I kept losing 10-15mm in travel due to suction but finally found the answer being the transfer port in the air damper side being blocked with grease, stripped it down again and cleared it...seems to have done the job. If I didn't build bikes myself I'd be having a fit with issues. Will keep you informed of warranty issues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles