Just did a camp/Mtn bike trip to Mt. Shasta and dropped 3,000 vert from Bunny Flat to the Mountain bike park close to Mt. Shasta City.

Kobuk69

Oct 6, 2019
Calistoga ca
Beautiful terrain for sure! My fifth major ride on my 2019 Levo Turbo Expert, which performed flawlessly. I've been trying to post to Strava through the Specialized app but was having troubles getting tracked until I took the protecting case off my phone, FYI. Love to hear from anyone else here in Nor Cal who rides Anadale Park. I've ridden Las Posades in Angwin for 25 years, and can cover all the single track in a full day. Trying to make time for the 10k ride from Angwin along the ridge trail to the top of Mt St Helena and back which should be a hoot. Let me know if anyone lives in my zone and maybe we can connect for a long ride.

OMLLENADO

Oct 8, 2019
CALIFORNIA
Annadel is a nice Park. I love Rough Go trail. We usually start at the other side via Lawndale, marsh trail, s burma. flowy

Galaxyride

Sep 29, 2019
Napa, Ca
Beautiful terrain for sure! My fifth major ride on my 2019 Levo Turbo Expert, which performed flawlessly. I've been trying to post to Strava through the Specialized app but was having troubles getting tracked until I took the protecting case off my phone, FYI. Love to hear from anyone else here in Nor Cal who rides Anadale Park. I've ridden Las Posades in Angwin for 25 years, and can cover all the single track in a full day. Trying to make time for the 10k ride from Angwin along the ridge trail to the top of Mt St Helena and back which should be a hoot. Let me know if anyone lives in my zone and maybe we can connect for a long ride.

I’m not too far away near Lake Berryessa and definitely down.....once I get my chainring sorted. New to this and haven’t ridden either of those places. I know a little of the backcountry near Angwin as I used to work up there. Rayhouse road is another ride I want to try from either side. Skyline Park and Rockville Park are on the list too. Message me next time your headed out!

Kobuk69

Oct 6, 2019
Calistoga ca
I’m not too far away near Lake Berryessa and definitely down.....once I get my chainring sorted. New to this and haven’t ridden either of those places. I know a little of the backcountry near Angwin as I used to work up there. Rayhouse road is another ride I want to try from either side. Skyline Park and Rockville Park are on the list too. Message me next time your headed out!

i will for sure.
My Angwin bike buddy has ridden all over Lake Berryessa, and says the Zim Zim falls ride is a great loop. I've been meaning to get out there. Accessing the Angwin ridge trail from the Aetna Springs trail head is a great ride. You can split off to Wild Lilac heading north to Table Rock, and up Mt. St. Helena, or head South down the ridge trail to Angwin. And then down to Moor Creek if you want to make it longer. We did a LONG ride from Angwin to Middletown a couple of years ago, that almost killed me after 10 hours and running out of water. Great terrain all around us, so lets keep in touch.

OMLLENADO

Oct 8, 2019
CALIFORNIA
they dont allow ebikes at rockville. I don't know about skyline since it's private

Galaxyride

Sep 29, 2019
Napa, Ca
they dont allow ebikes at rockville. I don't know about skyline since it's private

I went to Skyline once with my son....though we didn’t make it very far up the hill. I didn’t see anything posted about ebikes and the lady that took my money didn’t say anything. Also saw another guy on an emtb. Didn’t know that about Rockville, parking always looks super crowded too....not my style anyways.

Galaxyride

Sep 29, 2019
Napa, Ca
i will for sure.
My Angwin bike buddy has ridden all over Lake Berryessa, and says the Zim Zim falls ride is a great loop. I've been meaning to get out there. Accessing the Angwin ridge trail from the Aetna Springs trail head is a great ride. You can split off to Wild Lilac heading north to Table Rock, and up Mt. St. Helena, or head South down the ridge trail to Angwin. And then down to Moor Creek if you want to make it longer. We did a LONG ride from Angwin to Middletown a couple of years ago, that almost killed me after 10 hours and running out of water. Great terrain all around us, so lets keep in touch.

That’s sounds like a lot of fun! I’ve been reading about Zim Zim and many other trails in the area, there seems to be so much public land everywhere out here. Not always sure of what use is “allowed” but it’s so very remote do you even see anyone else out there?

10 hours is savage! I don’t think I’ve done much of anything for 10 hours....except that one time at Burning Man....and that was a long time ago.

The handful of rides I’ve done average about 2 hours over 10 miles and a 2-3k vertical feet. By then usually both me and the bike battery are taxed, not to mention the 2 liters of water in my hydration pack.

Kobuk69

Oct 6, 2019
Calistoga ca
Skyline is fine, as the kid at the bike store in Napa said he rode the demo ebike up there all the time.

We just did a hectic 5 hour ride from the Robert Louis Stevenson park trail head on Mt. St. Helena, across the Angwin ridge trail, and down Dan's Wild Ride to Moor Creek Park near Lake Hennessey yesterday.
1571851867520.png

Pretty exhausting.

1571852039420.png

I still had 4 bars remaining on my Levo Turbo, thankfully.

OMLLENADO

Oct 8, 2019
CALIFORNIA
Skyline is fine, as the kid at the bike store in Napa said he rode the demo ebike up there all the time.

We just did a hectic 5 hour ride from the Robert Louis Stevenson park trail head on Mt. St. Helena, across the Angwin ridge trail, and down Dan's Wild Ride to Moor Creek Park near Lake Hennessey yesterday.
View attachment 20527

Pretty exhausting.

View attachment 20529

I still had 4 bars remaining on my Levo Turbo, thankfully.

what setting are you using?. I just downloaded blevo on my phone.

Kobuk69

Oct 6, 2019
Calistoga ca
I tried to stay on the eco mode a long as possible, but at the end of four hours, I had to turbo up the longer climbs as I was getting TIRED.

I rode up to the North Peak of Mt. St. Helena on Saturday to get a visual on the Kincade fire, and it took 41 minutes from the RLS trailhead, with a bit of hike-a-bike on the walking trail to the fire road.

I knew we were in for it at that point, as it was burning in Alexander Valley with a ton of wind on the way. It's now just across the County line in Knights Valley, with the fire line at Ida Clayton Rd., which is way to close for comfort.

I'd like to get back up there, but my bikes is packed in the vehicle with loads of stuff on top of it, getting ready to evac if needed. This will all be over one way or another by tomorrow morning, God willing.

Galaxyride

Sep 29, 2019
Napa, Ca
I tried to stay on the eco mode a long as possible, but at the end of four hours, I had to turbo up the longer climbs as I was getting TIRED.

I rode up to the North Peak of Mt. St. Helena on Saturday to get a visual on the Kincade fire, and it took 41 minutes from the RLS trailhead, with a bit of hike-a-bike on the walking trail to the fire road.

I knew we were in for it at that point, as it was burning in Alexander Valley with a ton of wind on the way. It's now just across the County line in Knights Valley, with the fire line at Ida Clayton Rd., which is way to close for comfort.

I'd like to get back up there, but my bikes is packed in the vehicle with loads of stuff on top of it, getting ready to evac if needed. This will all be over one way or another by tomorrow morning, God willing.

We’ve had a few close calls in the past few years also. Hard to decide when to stay or go, however with the winds being somewhat unpredictable best to keep staying safe as the highest priority. Best of luck to you and yours and God Bless!

rorohello

Nov 6, 2020
CA
Hi Guys,

I'm in Petaluma with a Kenevo Expert. I've already done Annadel like 5 times!! Does that mean I could have got a ticket?

I'm looking for suggestions on big rides for eBikes around North Bay. Beyond Annadel, I go to Helen Putnam (which is tiny but around the corner from my house); Mount Burdell (Novato); and I just tried Bolinas Ridge...which has to be my fav so far.

Bolinas Ridge was so great because there was no one around (Annadel as soon as I have confidence to go an extra notch on speed, someone gets right beside me, it's like an amusement park there) and it's the perfect length for my battery with pretty varied terrain.

Any other recommendation welcome! The only other place I've been referred to go and try is Camp Tamarancho.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles