Just bought a Heckler Mx

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Hey everyone

I have just bought a new Heckler Mx. Can’t wait for it to arrive!!

Im thinking of upgrading the shock to a SuperDeleux ultimate and the fork to a Lyrik. I have found a SuperDeluxe which is a 210x55 for a Heckler. Will I be ok to run this shock as it is or will I have to make it a 210x52.5.
Any help would be really appreciated

John

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hey, John.
When I got my Heckler MX, I was disappointed with the suspension and envious of the adjustability of the better-equipped Bullit. But since I had already thrown down a big pile of cash, I didn't want to spend any more on new parts. After riding the bike for about a month, I started dialing in the suspension in earnest. It took about two months, but now this bike runs to my full satisfaction. In fact, it füç4įng rocks. I'd recommend riding your bike as-is, and seeing what you can do with it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
I've a Heckler and a Heckler MX.

The FullFat Heckler is a tank and the Semi Skimmer MX is a great trail bike.

IMO I'd wait and ride her before you start thinking about changing her knickers...

I have the S Build MX and think the Pike is a bit of a dull tool, but the rear end is fine. If I were to do anything to the fork I'd probably just change the air shaft for the Debonair to get it a bit more plush - £40/£50 for the shaft is way better than 10 times that for a new fork. FYI I changed the air shaft on the Pikes that came with my Chameleon and it was like chalk and cheese...

Oh, and I don't like the SDG post. Nothing wrong with it really - just didn't like the remote - so I have an AXS on mine.

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
Hey, John.
When I got my Heckler MX, I was disappointed with the suspension and envious of the adjustability of the better-equipped Bullit. But since I had already thrown down a big pile of cash, I didn't want to spend any more on new parts. After riding the bike for about a month, I started dialing in the suspension in earnest. It took about two months, but now this bike runs to my full satisfaction. In fact, it füç4įng rocks. I'd recommend riding your bike as-is, and seeing what you can do with it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I was frustrated when I glanced at your comment - then I read it lol

I thought you were comparing the MX to the Bullit in terms of capabilities...

But it is a good point, make sure you get the right bike for the job...

Heckler MX = 5010/Tallboy/Hightower - XC/Trails and a little All-Mountain
Heckler = Hightower/Bronson/Megaburger -Trails/All-Mountain and a little DH
Bullit = Bronson/Nomad - All-Mountain/DH and maybe a little Free-Ride?

I want to change my Heckler for a Bullit. That way I'll have a fast trail bike in the MX and a tank in the Bullit...

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I will give the shock a try before I make a decision. I have ordered some lyriks as back up just in case 😂

Underblu

Aug 22, 2021
USA
Congrats. I love my Heckler MX-S. I ended up sizing up to a large and the Heckler has been absolutely stable and confidence building.
It’s a sheer joy to ride.

Sure there are heavier more aggressive enduro and downhill ebikes but imho the Heckler strikes the perfect balance between weight, power and geometry for most trail and mountain riding.

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
It finally arrived. Can’t wait to get on it tomorrow

A397DA8C-09FE-418E-A386-972E871B95A5.jpeg

5C3DA99D-A46E-4D16-B4AF-84C038A7EDD6.jpeg

RME_DH

Jun 17, 2021
BFE, NM
Hey everyone

I have just bought a new Heckler Mx. Can’t wait for it to arrive!!

Im thinking of upgrading the shock to a SuperDeleux ultimate and the fork to a Lyrik. I have found a SuperDeluxe which is a 210x55 for a Heckler. Will I be ok to run this shock as it is or will I have to make it a 210x52.5.
Any help would be really appreciated

John

I did just that. I sourced the 210x55 from a vendor (Bike24) in Germany and had a friend get it to me here in the US. It was the correct tune and config as it’s for the “original” Heckler. I’m a big RS fan and fan service most of their shocks/forks easily hence the change. Also, I planned to swap the fork out and up the travel. Currently I’m on the Super Deluxe in the rear at 150 and a Zeb up front at 150 as well. The Zeb axle to crown is 5 mm taller than your normal Pike or Lyrik @ the same height. So it’s like I added 15mm to the front end. I wanted the Zeb, but I didn’t want to alter things too much. Having said that, I love it!! Check my posts for a write up and pics. BTW, I never rode the MX in its original config. Not once, so nothing to compare it to as I wanted to sell my parts as true new take offs.

9FB05045-D1A2-48B6-892A-71FB42A84EF9.jpeg

Cali1310

Jan 16, 2024
Atlanta
Hey there, I've got the exact same Heckler and I've been wanting to upgrade my shock. Just to confirm, your Heckler is the EP8 2021 version MX with the smaller shock tunnel? If so, did you have any clearance issues with upgrading to the RS Super Deluxe Ultimate with any portion of the shock coming in contact with the frame at all? I'm also considering Cane Creek's brand new coil IL shock as it appears they tapered the size of that shock down significantly, still not sure it'll fit. Thanks for any help and personal experience on the RS Utlimate and how the bike has felt on that particular shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles