Juddery Brakes

softtailcruiser

Patreon
Nov 23, 2018
Tamworth
Hello!

Ive now ridden about 50 miles on the new Levo base model and noticed on the last ride that the brakes are feeling very soft (which I believe is a ‘thing’ with the SRAM level T’s), and have started to shudder, a bit like an ABS system on a car. The speed of the shudder is directly related to the speed of thw bike, so my fear is that the disc has warped.

All the riding has been done in the wet and mud, which has been great, and apart from this I am just smiling from ear to ear.

Planning to do a 30-miler on canal towpaths tomorrow, and not sure whether to do so if the brakes are dodgy.

Got to go now, as my 7yo needs me to pull his finger. Kids!

craig landau

Dec 19, 2018
brisbane australia
wet resin pads do that. to check if the rotor is bent you can lift the bike and spin the wheel you will see and hear the rotor move inside the caliper, try to pull the pads out and scuff them up on a bit of 240 grit emery cloth , then spin the wheel holding the paper lightly over the disc ,

softtailcruiser

Patreon
Nov 23, 2018
Tamworth
Rotor ok then, I think. I’ll see how tomorrow goes!

Is it possible I’ve worn out a set of pads already? Most if my riding has been pretty flat. Not much in the way of downhills.

Last edited:

gazz

Oct 1, 2018
north wales
i dont think you will were out a set of pads in 50 milles ,but you are in danger of not using them enouf , to bed in the brakes you need a big hill and a fast decent pulling on the front and then the back, they need to get hot ,this will bed micro particals into the disc and improove thr braking power,

leverleg

Sep 16, 2018
britain
I don't know if they were contaminated or just shit but the pads that came on my front brake were juddery noisy and horrible I changed the pads and life was sweet again and didn't cost too much so I still got a beer the night ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles