Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
[UPDATED 11:54AM SATURDAY 13TH OCTOBER]

34 Riders on the list now ?

NOTE: New meeting times!!!!
  • Meet at Run and Ride (Postcode: WS12 0QU)
  • Meet 10:15am - 10:30am
  • Free Parking. Free bike wash.
  • 10% off in Run and Ride store on the day for EMTB Forums riders ?? (Thanks @All Mountain Coaching)
  • Set off 11am sharp
Run & Ride:
af1qipoxx0_is59oyrtd7-vvftpw-cjfravrixwgjozy-s1024-jpeg.6250

If anyone wants a Forum jersey, here's a free shipping link below. Please order through this, will automatically apply free shipping ?? I will bring the order with me tomorrow ?

Jersey Free Shipping automatically applied: EMTB Forums Store

We are just planning the finer route details, but expect a run of Dog and Monkey then after a short snack /drink break we will split the group into those who want to do more off piste stuff, and those who'd like to do more of the regular marked trails, before regrouping at the end (gotta get a group photo for the Live Show on Tuesday night!!) and heading home.

Ride style:
Relaxed, fun, safe and chilled.

See you all there tomorrow, the largest group of EMTB riders I've ever seen YOU LEGENDS!!

Confirmed:
@Rob Hancill
@E CRAFTYRR+
@Geoff Lee
@Virtualmeuk + 2
@Hinett
@Kangr
@Tunny
@Robotaff
@Dawson86
@steviedsolve
@zeeack
@MajorUpset

@Kiwi in Wales
@JetSetDemo
@FZPaul
@Paul Babbington
@Crud249+1
@Glyn
@billwarwick
@estoril
@Marcus Arrowsmith
@Stewjd
@MrDansDad
@Ebikegum
@DaveD444 +5 !!

SM-Cannock-6434-601x400.jpg

Last edited:

E CRAFTYRR+

Sep 13, 2018
Cannok chase
Hi I'll defo be intreasted in this . I'm a local to the chase . Not been liveing here long so still finding my way . I'm no guide but do know some fun off piste witch is much better than dog & monkey

Geoff Lee

Sep 13, 2018
Weston Super Mare
Hi, I've just watched your Forest of Dean ride and would like to join you for this.
I've been to chase twice on my "analog" mtb and came off badly right at the end of my last visit. I need redemption, sign me up.

Virtualmeuk

Jun 5, 2018
UK
yep. We ride Cannock a few times a year. We do the follow the dog / monkey trail when we go. The youngest is 13 on a Whyte 146 and probably a better rider than me and my eldest! and the oldest is 16 on my spare ebike (Because he is to lazy to ride an analogue) This is him at cannock in April this year
IMG_0232.JPG

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
yep. We ride Cannock a few times a year. We do the follow the dog / monkey trail when we go. The youngest is 13 on a Whyte 146 and probably a better rider than me and my eldest! and the oldest is 16 on my spare ebike (Because he is to lazy to ride an analogue) This is him at cannock in April this year View attachment 5089
Brilliant! Sounds like they are pretty quick :cool::cool:. Just wanted to check, I had a thought that they could be young, but it sounds like they will be in the lead!!

Lazy Biker 84

Jun 15, 2018
Shropshire
I would have loved to have joined you lads on this. I'm heading up Long Mynd on the Saturday, just leg power sadly. We'll be on a massive bender that night with my visiting friends so Sunday will be a non starter.. Annoying as i'm only in Ironbridge! :rolleyes:

Aah well, enjoy guys!

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Hi, new here but hoping to join you on this ride. At the moment i don't have my own ebike but my local bike shop lets me borrow their demo quite a lot so i will confirm with them first.
Cannock is my local riding spot and i have been riding there for years, i know most of the trails very well and have led multiple groups around over the years. so if i can make it im quite happy to help with route/guiding.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Count me in for this one ??

I'm happy to help with guiding unless there's anyone else that knows it like the back of their hand, I know Cannock well as it's my local. I'm heading over there this Sunday with @JetSetDemo for some route recon.

The Monkey trail is the main route, easy to follow as it's clearly signposted and classed as Red trail with Black segments here and there.

Stile Cop will keep things interesting as it has features like a wall ride, jumps and drops that can be sessioned as well as the downhill trails but this might not be everyones cup 'o' tea.

Either way I'm sure all will have plenty of fun ??

Dawson86

Aug 27, 2018
Corby
I’ll join you for this one. Just come back from there yesterday was absolutely brilliant even done a night ride round it! bit scary at moments that was lol

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
What kind of route are you thinking for this one.... off piste or the trail centre trails?
Cannock has miles of off piste trails if you know where to look. I would say most of the best stuff is the off piste, but it does require a fair amount of fire road traversing between trails.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
We did the Dog and Monkey today, along with some cheeky off-piste stuff.
Where else but a trail called High Voltage would you take a pic of some mopeds?
img_3237-jpg.5180

It certainly felt like we did way more than Strava thinks we did...
16.9 miles and 2213ft.
IMG_3249.jpg
IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

Last edited:

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
BLEvo didn't track our ride today (might be because i didnt start a tour... i dunno) so this will have to do. Look me up on strava if you want to check out the route in detail.

I'm not very familiar with all the off piste trails here so if anyone joining the rideout knows alot more of them then they're more than welcome to take the lead, but the ones we rode today was the trail that runs alongside the fireroad after finishing "Pot Of Gold" and the others were the trails heading from "Five Ways" towards "Marquise Drive" fireroad which we did several times (@Doomanic or @JetSetDemo has a clip of me sending a gap jump here ???).

Battery usage was mostly Trail mode at 40% with a few switches up and down into Turbo and Eco depending on the trail and i still had 40% battery power left back at the carpark. I weigh about 74kg so this will differ to other riders. The ride time is completely different to the actual time we were out today as we did alot of chatting (which will most likely happen on the group rideout too??).

I'm sure there's members coming on analogue bikes, youngsters and also newbies to this sort of riding so we've tried to accommodate for this by picking sections along the trail that is fun for everyone. If anyone isn't up for any part of the trails, there are "chicken runs" around them or the trails meet up further along.
Screenshot_20180916-213035_Strava.jpg

E CRAFTYRR+

Sep 13, 2018
Cannok chase
BLEvo didn't track our ride today (might be because i didnt start a tour... i dunno) so this will have to do. Look me up on strava if you want to check out the route in detail.

I'm not very familiar with all the off piste trails here so if anyone joining the rideout knows alot more of them then they're more than welcome to take the lead, but the ones we rode today was the trail that runs alongside the fireroad after finishing "Pot Of Gold" and the others were the trails heading from "Five Ways" towards "Marquise Drive" fireroad which we did several times (@Doomanic or @JetSetDemo has a clip of me sending a gap jump here ???).

Battery usage was mostly Trail mode at 40% with a few switches up and down into Turbo and Eco depending on the trail and i still had 40% battery power left back at the carpark. I weigh about 74kg so this will differ to other riders. The ride time is completely different to the actual time we were out today as we did alot of chatting (which will most likely happen on the group rideout too??).

I'm sure there's members coming on analogue bikes, youngsters and also newbies to this sort of riding so we've tried to accommodate for this by picking sections along the trail that is fun for everyone. If anyone isn't up for any part of the trails, there are "chicken runs" around them or the trails meet up further along.
View attachment 5170
Hi good work.im sure I was rideing behind you today at 5ways offpist. About 4 of you I think ....the last rider in your group pulled over to let me pass .Thumbs up.

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Could be up for that if Chris at Berkshire cycles calls me back so I can buy a bike. I rode up there on a demo day earlier on in the year. Was ok but Im sure I didnt see much of it as contained on the demo loop.

Last edited:

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton
Hi Chaps, I will be able to join you at Cannock but possibly not until about 12. I have family staying over Saturday night and it'll depend on when they leave. Can @Rob Hancill @Kiwi in Wales or @E CRAFTYRR+ PM me your mobile number closer to the time and I could call to find out where you are? I'm hoping I can get there for 11 though. I recognise that burnt out car @E CRAFTYRR+. That side of the chase up by the quarry has some great little off piste areas.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK

View attachment 5170

i can see the ‘off piste’ that runs up the side of the fireroad eventually being incorporated into the main trail as they stated one of their aims was to do away with fireroads. I always found it a bit of a ball ache on the non emtb and used the fire road, maybe it’s better with epower.
They did the same thing just after where the monkey rejoins the dog after kitbag hill, used to plop out onto the fireroad but they made a bit of trail up the side of it instead.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles