Join Us! EMTB Forums December group ride, Afan Forest, Sunday 9th December

bikerider007

Nov 7, 2018
Norfolk
Hmmm it was on agoda but its now £68 or there are these
i am going over sat but am camping in the motor sat night and have booked a premier for sunday night as a treat..

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Never mind, found it on booking.com but a twin room is £88 once you add breakfast for 2.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Llanelli Central East, Llandafen Rd, Llanelli SA14 9BD

I stayed here for the Brechfa rideout probably a out 45min-1hr drive to Afan

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Not sure of our plans now - my lad badly broke his hand today playing rugby. Off to the local hospital for a proper review tomorrow - might need K wires in it. :-(

HateClimbs

Nov 3, 2018
Cardiff
i stayed at the queens guest house. last time i went. its at the end of the street from the visitor centre but that was about 8 years ago. I do remember there being something called the lodge which was like a hotel for bikers
The Queens is no longer in business

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Do we have local knowledge or are we making it up as we go along? If the latter, is there a rough route plan?

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Here some info about Afan and the trail network.
The wall trail
White's level trail
W2 trail (both the wall and white's level combined)
The Blade trail
Don't know what those trails are like but I have heard good things about the first two. W2 would be good but I think it might be a tad to far for one battery. (Mind you I expect that last chunk to be Downhill anyway)

If any of you have been could you give us some advice please.

HateClimbs

Nov 3, 2018
Cardiff
Here some info about Afan and the trail network.
The wall trail
White's level trail
W2 trail (both the wall and white's level combined)
The Blade trail
Don't know what those trails are like but I have heard good things about the first two. W2 would be good but I think it might be a tad to far for one battery. (Mind you I expect that last chunk to be Downhill anyway)

If any of you have been could you give us some advice please.
All are excellent trails. You have missed a Blue Scar and Penhydd both sharing the same climb.
The trails you do and which order will depend on where you park (Afan forest or Glyncorrwg) but are all linked. I tend to always park in Afan as offers more options in the way I combine the trails.
Penhydd followed by W2 is good but demanding on battery (40km for W2) - a shorter option is Penhydd the the Wall then still leaves time to do Blue Scar if any interest

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I won't be able to come now as the pivot has gone back to pivot so I have no bike :(.
I was looking forward to this one as well

Jonowinter

Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Bournemouth
Not sure what I am planning yet. Might stay over Saturday or drive up and back in the day or stay over Sunday and pedal somewhere on Monday before heading home.

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Not sure of our plans now - my lad badly broke his hand today playing rugby. Off to the local hospital for a proper review tomorrow - might need K wires in it. :-(
Sorry to hear that, hope it's not as bad as it seems. My lad, who's 11, plays and I already worry when he plays.
Best wishes

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Would love to join you guys but as I am signed off work with a bad back at he moment I think I shouldn't go. Funny though actually riding doesn't actually cause any pain but sitting driving does.
Besides I think I need to work on getting better before trying places like that. I really am an old granny going downhill at he moment.
Have a great time and I expect lots of videos.
Cheers!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles