It can happen anywhere.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Riding my motorbike into the shed, walking pace, gravity surprised me.

IMG_3834.jpeg

Multiple rib fractures / flail chest with nerve damage and a punctured lung
Shoulder stuffed
Five broken bones in my foot

But the bike was ok.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
It's little concerning when you find yourself falling off on unchallenging terrain. There is something very unfair about it. You sort of half expect it when the going gets tough but not on what is virtually a flat path. I once walked back up the trail to see what had thrown me off but could not find anything. In some ways it's more disturbing than falling off on steep rough ground.

Al

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
So yesterday, I came off my bike. I collected 14 cuts and grazes ( 2 quite deep), a cricked neck, sprained wrist, bruised ribs, and a damaged helmet visor.So where did this happen, I hear you ask. The Alps?, Moab?, One of the UK’s most deadly black runs? No, it was the towpath of the Grand Union Canal! I hit a rut at 15mph and got catapulted into the hedge which had recently been cut with one of those flailing cutting machines, turning it into a mega pin cushion. Just shows that shit can happen anywhere. On the plus side, before the crash l sat quietly and watched a heron catch a fish, something I have never seen before, so not all bad.
Mind how you go?
I've had the biggest stacks since moving to eBike. It's a different beast!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
It's little concerning when you find yourself falling off on unchallenging terrain. There is something very unfair about it. You sort of half expect it when the going gets tough but not on what is virtually a flat path. I once walked back up the trail to see what had thrown me off but could not find anything. In some ways it's more disturbing than falling off on steep rough ground.

Al

Agree. I had an unscheduled lie down here. This is the easy bit of the trail!
IMG_0963.jpeg

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Pretty much the only big injury I have had in the last 10 years was in the car park at work. Got on the bike, didn't realise my front tyre was almost flat, bike parking was at the top of a hill. Result: broken collarbone. I have raced DH and enduro for 15 years at a high level with barely an injury beyond scratches and bruises :/

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I know it’s not much but I managed to get away with living 55 years without any broken bones and then fractured my thumb 😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles