Is the Lightweight low powered market about to kick off ?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Now come on guys, there seems to be more than just a few major brands all releasing lightweight low powered EMtbs next year than previous. When the likes of Spec, Trek, Haibike, Orbea just for starters are already tooled up, these are the big boys of the Emtb world, do they know something that the FF addict doesn't know ?

For my pennies worth, the Mtb with a bit of low powered cheat factor such as the Trek Exe, is here to stay. If only they could get the pricing right, they would sell a lot more.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Now come on guys, there seems to be more than just a few major brands all releasing lightweight low powered EMtbs next year than previous. When the likes of Spec, Trek, Haibike, Orbea just for starters are already tooled up, these are the big boys of the Emtb world, do they know something that the FF addict doesn't know ?

For my pennies worth, the Mtb with a bit of low powered cheat factor such as the Trek Exe, is here to stay. If only they could get the pricing right, they would sell a lot more.

I am sure you didn't intend your comment to sound supercilious. I find the boost in functionality I have gained from adding a motor to an all mountain bike to be a perfect evolution of the mountain bike. As for the Trek Exe, they do offer several models (more so than most brands) at a variety of price points, to meet all kinds of budgets. Good Emtbs will never be cheap and neither will high end mtbs, which only makes sense, as you get what you pay for whether its in their package or by assembling a bike yourself.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

The trick with being right is knowing when to sit back and smile quietly about something you saw coming and the internet told you was incorrect, this is one of those times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles