Is it just me suffering any one else feel it

nickthebee

Oct 16, 2018
henley
I have been riding MTBs for 20 years , on the new Levo after a 29 mile tough bumpy fast ride , the week after i feel battered ribs ache shoulders the lot , then it slightly goes away and I'm back on the bike , and the next week im the same ..
Is it a change in style of riding my ? ! my age !!!! am i alone pls say no ?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I’m 47 and I feel the same a lately I’m just putting it down to the time of year colds flu viruses and all kinds of nastyness.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
im 69 and I have felt battered for years lol!!
seriously I am getting knee pain and hip pain from my new bike and I wonder if its the steeper seat tube putting me a bit more forward of the BB.
I dont know if its a myth or not but I always drop a plumb line down from my knee and position the saddle so the line hangs on the axle ,i am struggling to do it with this bike, cant seem to get back far enough.
I do however have shorter cranks by 10mm. I am going to put the standard ones back on and try

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
hah! I had this conversation with my wife last night.
I've recently taken up yoga, see a chiropractor 4 times a month and generally try to look after my bones and muscle a little better as I was finding my recovery was starting to be a prolonged experience... old age might have something to do with it but I think just neglecting the warm down and stretching catches up with me.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Goodness me you chaps are YOUNG!!
.I usually find my aches and pains go away during a long ride....
Just wait till you get really old:rolleyes:
HAVE FUN however old you are.....

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
My bike was pretty good out of the box. But a new bar, stem, tweaking tyre pressures and suspension, changes to cockpit setup and shortening my bar length have all helped to make it even more comfortable. the slight pain in my hands and shoulders are now gone completely.

I'm physically tired and have sore muscles but that's it. I'm 54. If I feel battered it's because I fell off, again...

Gordon

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Same here, 47 and feel long rides (3hrs+) for a couple of days afterwards, although more general fatigue than specific bits of me. Worse when I do 3-4 of them in a week, then I need serious sofa time!

Eeh (bah gum) biker

Jul 5, 2018
Sheffield
I’m 47 and I feel the same a lately I’m just putting it down to the time of year colds flu viruses and all kinds of nastyness.
Touch wood I seem to be avoiding all the nasties which are doing the rounds. Even though there are folk coughing and spluttering wherever I go.I am putting it down to getting out and about in all weathers and temperatures on my e-bike .

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I have been riding MTBs for 20 years , on the new Levo after a 29 mile tough bumpy fast ride , the week after i feel battered ribs ache shoulders the lot , then it slightly goes away and I'm back on the bike , and the next week im the same ..

You are not alone ?

My complete outlook on biking has changed since my ebike purchase. I have become a different person :devilish:

These beasts are a lot heavier than my non ebikes and I have had to aquire new skills and exert more effort to control it on the ups and also on the downs. I am riding trails that I would have never even looked at before. I have built a number of ebike specific trails in my local forest which are slow but technically and physically demanding. I am riding 3 times further than I did before. All this requires more physical effort from me so if you are in a similar situation then that is probably why you are feeling a bit battered.

I can’t wait to get out for my next battering ;)

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Yes me too but I am riding much further off road. I’ve started doing strength workouts during the week and felt better during the ride at the weekend but hips ached the next day.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I find that riding a ebike gives you more of a all over body workout as apposed to more leg workout in normal bikes. This and the fact ebikes are heavier increases the upper body workout and so you are using your whole body and straining muscles that aren't as used to such load.

GuyBerry

Sep 26, 2018
Belgium
Compared to my Scott Spark RC, the Levo weights more as double. I feel it in my shoulder area, having to put more force to get through the corners. Also the grippier tyres put more load on my body in the turns.
I get a lot of help from my chiropractor, he gave me good stability exercises. The problems are almost gone now.
I'm 58, and should have started those exercises 5 years ago...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am a young pup at 39 :cool:! But during the summer I was riding almost daily, and found my Knees where getting proper creaky if I did multiple days of 20 +mile rides, so now I tend to (try) and ride every other day, and ideally both days at the week, usually a longer ride on a Saturday and a short blast on the Sunday.

nickthebee

Oct 16, 2018
henley
You are not alone ?

My complete outlook on biking has changed since my ebike purchase. I have become a different person :devilish:

These beasts are a lot heavier than my non ebikes and I have had to aquire new skills and exert more effort to control it on the ups and also on the downs. I am riding trails that I would have never even looked at before. I have built a number of ebike specific trails in my local forest which are slow but technically and physically demanding. I am riding 3 times further than I did before. All this requires more physical effort from me so if you are in a similar situation then that is probably why you are feeling a bit battered.

I can’t wait to get out for my next battering ;)
true wish it would warm up !!!

nickthebee

Oct 16, 2018
henley
wow i feel normal again thanks people thought i it was just me thanks

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
Well I am in my 60's and after buying this bike I am so broke I can't afford to pay attention. Just kidding. Seriously I feel awesome. This bike has made mountain biking fun again. I actually have a lot less pain since I got the levo. If you are getting pains keep moving seat around forward and back, adjust the seat height. It will surprise you what a little change will make,

nickthebee

Oct 16, 2018
henley
Well I am in my 60's and after buying this bike I am so broke I can't afford to pay attention. Just kidding. Seriously I feel awesome. This bike has made mountain biking fun again. I actually have a lot less pain since I got the levo. If you are getting pains keep moving seat around forward and back, adjust the seat height. It will surprise you what a little change will make,
i agree best is a laser fit i did it on a read bike and i was sorted

gunshot72

Jan 13, 2019
Rushden, UK
I'm 46 and also feel battered after a hard ride. It makes me feel I've done something at least. Better than watching bollox on the telly box.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I noticed this when I first got my kenevo, riding further and harder, but it's gone away as my body has got used to it

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes
When riding my Vitus E-Sommet, I think of when I had a Husqvarna 260 Enduro motorbike. I used to ride some of the same trails at times. It was about 30 years ago and I was younger but riding an Enduro/MX bike fast is a LOT harder than riding an EMTB. Any MXers out there will know what I mean! :giggle:

Reactions: jxj

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles