Levo Gen 2 2020 Levo, just bought one last night.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Hello all, first e-bike, just picked it up yesterday and excited to ride and add value to this forum.

questions: Should I update the firmware (it's not currently the latest firmware)?

I'm not so sure about the stock tires, I'm used to Maxxis...thoughts?

any other tips and tricks? dos/don'ts

I'm not sure how to wash it.

Ted

Apr 23, 2019
California
Happy Day!

Yes, update the software. The latest update is intended to protect the motor.
I changed the tires to Maxxis. I did not like the Butchers. Depends on where you ride though.

Enjoy.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Please don't take this as unhelpful, I actually am trying to be as helpful as possible. We have been round this buoy so many times that you are better to look in the Specialized threads at each of the topics you are interested in and then perhaps come back with specific questions.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Please don't take this as unhelpful, I actually am trying to be as helpful as possible. We have been round this buoy so many times that you are better to look in the Specialized threads at each of the topics you are interested in and then perhaps come back with specific questions.
cool

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
Woo hoo, have fun. I’m waiting a couple more months to update the firmware. Butchers are okay, depending on tire pressure, Maxxis are better though. If you like to tinker, the tunability of the motor is super fun.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Woo hoo, have fun. I’m waiting a couple more months to update the firmware. Butchers are okay, depending on tire pressure, Maxxis are better though. If you like to tinker, the tunability of the motor is super fun.

thinking about getting matte invisiframe protection.

I don't know how to tinker with it...do you mean to get the chip that de-restricts it?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
good advice.

anyone dielectric grease on the contacts? Is the TCU sealed well as is? add a gasket or similar?
No grease on contacts, silicone grease on the sealing ring of the plug.
TCU sealing - depends who you talk to. I don't but I smear around the USB cover with silicone grease and put some under where it contacts the frame. Make sure the USB cover is in place!

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
thinking about getting matte invisiframe protection.

I don't know how to tinker with it...do you mean to get the chip that de-restricts it?
Yes to invisiframe, sooner the better, but it comes part taped.
By tinker he means (I'm sure) adjusting the support, etc through the Mission Control app.

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
I didn't find the maxxis too good on my Levo. I now have a set of Eddy Currants on and they are superb. They have much thicker side walls so are a pain to fit but the extra stabily from the side walls was noticeable on such a heavy bike with so much torque. Bonus being you won't need to consider rim inserts either.

I did invisframe mine as well, worth while and makes cleaning easier.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I didn't find the maxxis too good on my Levo. I now have a set of Eddy Currants on and they are superb. They have much thicker side walls so are a pain to fit but the extra stabily from the side walls was noticeable on such a heavy bike with so much torque. Bonus being you won't need to consider rim inserts either.

is your bike matte or glossy finish? ...asking regarding the invisiframe.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California

I just ordered new Maxxis as that's what I have on my Yeti...but I've read good things about the Eddy Currants, do you think I should switch? seems like the main difference is the sidewall thickness...?

CA320

Jun 22, 2020
SoCal
On the tyre side of things it all depends on where you are riding.

The stock butchers were ok but i switched to eliminators in the grid trail casings from butcher trail (2019 stock) as the side walls were too soft and the front would tuck when pushed.

The Eliminators rolled a little bit better and the side walls didn't squirm as much and these are the same side wall support that you have.

I then i switched to an assegai front in exo+ and aggressor rear in double down. This Maxxis combo is good for dry summer riding in southern California but on a recent trip for 4 weeks to the UK taking my bike with me i didn't have the same confidence in the tyre's.

In the UK i tried a friends bike with Magic Mary's and the grip was great even in wetter conditions.

I picked up a new Kenevo with black diamond casing butchers now riding back in soCal and I'm pretty impressed to be honest.

I'd say run the butchers until they need replacing or get some schwalbe's on there if you plan to ride through the muddier conditions.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
It's the matte version.
my bike is matte too. I was going to order the matte invisiframe but it's not 'that' matte, it's more satin and still kind of shiny. are you satisfied? is your bike too shiny now?

I did invisiframe on my glossy bike and it looks great but the matte seems to change the look on a matte bike and the seams look weird?

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
my bike is matte too. I was going to order the matte invisiframe but it's not 'that' matte, it's more satin and still kind of shiny. are you satisfied? is your bike too shiny now?

I did invisiframe on my glossy bike and it looks great but the matte seems to change the look on a matte bike and the seams look weird?

I'd say it's not matte, but not shiny either. It depends on the light. Only time you notice that though is when it's just been cleaned at home, rest of the time it's covered in mud?

As for the tyres like others said, depends on what and where you are riding. I'm in the UK so it's wet a lot and I ride most things from natural trails to bike parks and the eddy's just seem to handle it all well. Sure there are tyres that can do certain things better, but I'd rather just have something that can do it all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles