Intro and a bit of an apology lol

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
So yeah new to this forum and on day one rocketed a bunch of replies to various threads.

No nefarious motives here just a guy who buys brand new bikes and completely disassembles them before ever riding them. Engineer by profession currently, formerly a machinist and welder before getting a formal degree. I go down technical rabbit holes very easily and like to share info so others dont have to hunt it down.

So sorry if it seems like on day one I blew up the RM section of the forum :)

About me: I took a long break from MTB and like others I rediscovered the joys of mountain biking during the 2020 lockdowns. I test rode an eMTB in 2020 and within a month bought my first (Tazer). Gradually my friends with eMTB's moved and I found myself riding with analog guys and felt bad so I sold it and spent most time at the bike parks.

Recently the same people who gave me crap about using a motor came around and got ebikes so naturally I had to as well.

Picked up a 22 Altitude PP A30 coil which is the most basic build they offer. Fortunately I also have a built up Slayer C90 so I stripped both bikes and rebuilt the Altitude. Not done yet still looking to upgrade the drivetrain and giving serious consideration to trying the Box One Prime 9 although I have a nice 12 sp Sram setup on the workbench too. The other mod I plan to do is the Planet 9 derestiction device not for speed but to remove the limit going downhill when I need a few pedals before a jump. Lastly the crank arms must be shortened which is the thread which led me to this forum.

So far heres what Ive done to the bike:
Wheels-Hope Fortus 35 with maxis 2.6 DHF/2.4 DHR and inserts
Stem- Yoshimura ENDH with oneup carbon bars 35mm rise
Pedals-Magped Enduro
Oneup 180 dropper and loam lever with ergon saddle
Brakes- Shigura MT5/XT 8100 and Jagwire hose.
Fork Marzocchi Z1 coil
Shock Marzocchi Bomber (stock) with Sprindex coil but about tos wap a DHX2 from Slayer

Other misc bits I'm sure I'm leaving out but that the major stuff I can think of.

A06

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles