Interested (very interested) in the gen 2 Levo SL. Silly question.....

900SS

Jun 17, 2022
Santa Clara County
I am very interested in the gen 2 Levo SL. I currently have a gen 3 Levo S Works and sold a gen 1 Levo SL Expert. I am 64, in alright shape, but struggled to keep up with my older wife on her Tero 5 whilst riding some of the steep off-road county park trails on the SL, hence the upgrade to the full power Levo. It's only money. ;)

I generally chug along in eco mode on the Levo, as I want to get a workout and not power up the hills as my wife does. I have no problem keeping with her if needed on the Levo.

My question is, in spite of the approximate 10 lb difference between my bike and the new Levo SL, can I come close to replicating the power output (50 Nm) of the new SL using Mission Control? On our next climbing ride I am going to set Trail mode to about 58% to approximate 50Nm output.

Am I way off the mark with my thinking? My goal is to decide if the new SL will be enough to comfortably be able to keep up with SWMB (She Who Must Be Obeyed) when needed. I do plan on renting the new bike from the Santa Cruz Experience Center when they have them.

900SS

Jun 17, 2022
Santa Clara County
The climb I targeted at the stated power settings was a breeze. I have been giving a lot more thought to this since my original post, and for the type of riding SWMBO and I do I really think the Gen2 SL will be fine on the vast majority of challenging terrain.

My son, who works at Specialized is in agreement that this bike would be fine. If I do get the Gen 2 SL my Gen 3 Levo S Works S4 will be up for sale. Stay tuned.......

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles