In Aus - Looking to adjust the limiter on a 2021 turbo Levo

Dogsy

Dec 20, 2021
Australia
Hi All - I have just purchased a Turbo Levo 2021 and I want to take off the speed limiter with a software solution. The speed limited sucks on the longer commutes between tracks down here. Anyone have a good suggestion for a software solution to do this?

rodney888

Jan 4, 2022
Australia
Hi Dogsy, did you get a Levociraptor and are you happy with it?
I'm in Melbourne and note I can get one here for my Levo SL.
Before I purchase a heads up would be appreciated thanks.

Aug 18, 2020
BRASIL
Olá Maynard, tenho um Turbo levo 2019/2020 e usei levociraptor. Eu também tive que substituir meu motor, e com o novo motor substituído meu levociraptor não está removendo a restrição do novo motor. Você poderia me dizer se eu teria que comprar uma nova versão do levociraptor.

Aug 18, 2020
BRASIL
Olá a todos, tenho um Turbo levo 2019/2020 e uso levociraptor. Eu também tenho que substituir meu motor, e com o novo motor substituiu meu levociraptor não está removendo a restrição do novo motor. Você pode me dizer se eu teria que comprar uma nova versão do levociraptor.

rodney888

Jan 4, 2022
Australia
I have a Levo SL 2020 and have tested the Levociraptor over the last couple of months. I thought it might be useful to provide some information from my experience to those considering making a purchase. I am using the Gen 2 Levociraptor which does not allow adjustment and has a stated maximum speed of 58km/h (in the instructions)

Firstly, the Levociraptor does not in itself increase your speed. Once installed your speed increase is determined by how hard you pedal and the limitations of the gearing. The later is critical as the gearing is not low enough for you to pedal to the limit of the Levociraptor (I estimate I can pedal up to about 40Km/h on flat straight terrain). So for those of you thinking you will automatically get more speed, that is not necessarily the case. Secondly, the Levociraptor is off no real use on single tracks and technical tracks because travelling beyond the factory set limit of 25 k/m hr in Australia) is very unlikely. Thirdly, you need to have the bike in turbo mode to get the fastest speeds (which has a big downside as noted below).

However, if there are long tracks or fire trails then it is of use because it allows you to get to your riding destination quicker. And this is the only really benefit of the Levociraptor; you can go faster on flat terrain or downhill. Indeed, it is very noticeable on such tracks not having the limiter drag you back to the limit of 25 km/r. But this is not what the bike (and dollars) are meant for, so this kind of use would be to get to your destination for the real workout.

But, and this is the big BUT. Contrary to what the fine folks at Epicebikes say, the Levociraptor chews up your battery life, and on the SL this is a problem. I have done some tests using the Levociraptor to get to my destination for working out then heading home. without the Levociraptor I would get up to 3hrs riding which includes 30 minutes each way to my destination. With the Levociraptor it is reduced to a maximum of 2 hrs riding doing the same route and tracks. So it effectively reduces my riding time by about 33% which on the SL is a bit of a pain.

As such the Levociraptor is probably better on the Levo due to the longer battery life. But I would be interested to hear some feedback about it on a Levo or Kenevo. And other peoples experience on an SL Levo or SL Kenevo.

Aug 18, 2020
BRASIL
olá a todos! Alguém aqui, conhece esse dispositivo que remove o limitador de velocidade da bike?
PearTune MSO 3.0 e 4.0 Specialized 2.0E/2.1/2.2 é um conjunto de chiptuning para e-bikes Specialized com versão de motor 2.0E, 2.1 ou 2.2 e com TCU ou também com novo display MasterMind 2022!!! Ele pode ou limitar a velocidade da sua e-bike, a bicicleta não o ajuda a remover velocidades mais altas.
Se alguém conhece vale a pena adquiri-lo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles