I think I’ve made a boo boo

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
Decided to by lights for the flyon of love :love:
so back lights fitted …. Easy Peasy

front light is the problem… I bought the sky beam 300 and can’t find where to plug it in …
is it compatible with a flyon nduro ?

hairy

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
Yes it is
the plugs are in behind the grills
ironically there connected already in a loop so look used
you disconnect the loop plug in the light and leave the other side disconnected
sorry but i dont have any pics as i winged it :)
I’ve tried that but the plugs are a different type to the one on my sky beam .. I’ve got the feeling the 300 dosnt work with the flyon

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Have you seen this thread - has details about the Skybeam near the end;

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
Have you seen this thread - has details about the Skybeam near the end;

Yep … there fitting a 5000 I think that’s my problemo

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
It's listed on the importer's spares page for the Flyon so it must be possible to fit;

1620214228746.png

Reading on other posts the 5000lm is a more sophisticated light as it has main/dip settings while the 300lm is just a basic on/off type light and so it may just connect to a loom in the frame. @Sidepod may be able to identify where to find it as he's stripped his bike a few times.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Sounds like you’ve been sent the wrong part. They do the 300 for Bosch/Yamaha as well as Flyon. Check the part numbers against those shown in the previous post.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Sounds like you’ve been sent the wrong part. They do the 300 for Bosch/Yamaha as well as Flyon. Check the part numbers against those shown in the previous post.
It shows the same part number for the Bosch/Yamaha and the Flyon version of the 300 though?

Last edited:

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Hmmm so it does!

Ok out with the voltmeter. Disconnect the loop of connectors as per fitting the 5000 unit.
Switch the lights on and check for 24v across a pair of pins. Once you’ve established witch pair you need, chop off the connectors on the light unit and bike then crimp/solder it all together. Better still, buy a decent automotive two pin connector and a crimp tool and fit to the cut wires.

mr wilson

Mar 22, 2020
Nairn, Scotland
That's the way I wired the front light into my sduro. I did order a male plug to suit the existing female one but was sent another female. Strip, twist and solder so it's less likely to cause problems later.

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
Mmmm if I cut the loom will I void the warranty?
mind I’ve just received the new loom that I’ve got to fit under the warranty…
I do wonder if there is a plug for the 300 down by the motor as it’s got no high beam so should run with the rear lights ..
also the lead on the light is very long …
im going to try n do it at the weekend …
that in its self is going to open another can of worms …. If i fit a new loom … what about software update … is that stored on the loom or on the display unit ?

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
Phew that’s good news …
once I’ve worked out how to get the loom out the tube we should be go to go ……
famous last words :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles