I road up a mountain side with my friend on another Levo 2780 ft elevation

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
that was hardest climb we have both done was 2,780Ft in 16 km but I had a total ride distance of over 50km & battery ran out on way home. got some pic's

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Looks great and good to compare battery life , I get similar from the shimano battery doing those sort of rides , but you begin to wonder with various reports of battery like if your not doing as well as others . Seems like all makes get similar miles , depending more on terrain and body wieght it seems

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Looks great and good to compare battery life , I get similar from the shimano battery doing those sort of rides , but you begin to wonder with various reports of battery like if your not doing as well as others . Seems like all makes get similar miles , depending more on terrain and body wieght it seems

very true!
we now have a number of new E MB owners that ride in the group ( but not all would take on that climb, was very steep with lot of rocks )
my friend on 2017 Levo HT with 29" wheels, me on 2018 FSR 27.5" wheels, I had to lean forward to stop wheel standing backward in some places, but no traction issue I got good traction, my friend was saying he had to keep weight on back wheel and also lean forward as rear tyre broke traction . we both agreed the ride back down hill was harder .
we split up as both batteries low and we live 12km apart ( he was closer to home ) I still had 4 lights on, but got lost as on bush tracks, as I had got down to two lights one was red. I turned off the power to save if I really needed it. was thinking after about carrying a spare battery but I would need a back pack designed for that.
the good part was weather was great and we both made it home, my friend had a few big hills to go up with no battery power.

We have been on the Levo's over a year now so we are both used to comparing our two bikes, now we have a number of new owners of E MB's and most of new ones Shimano so bit different comparing as some people are slower riders, so they just use low power one chap said his Shimano too powerful for him so just uses at low assistance , but we had another chap with a FSR Merrida Shimano & was riding fast with us on a 35km ride, he told us that the week before, he was on a single track technical ( I have ridden that track ) and he had his front wheel stop when it hit a big rock & bike went up in front flipped back. I think probably needs to learn improved riding technique for the conditions.
well am loving it!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles