I keep running into rattlesnakes so I bought some snake proof boots

vertrkr

Nov 19, 2021
California
Welp, here's some irony for ya. My boots didn't help me at all but not their fault. I'm riding one of my favorite trails and there's a section where the sides raise up to shoulder height, sort of like a dirt wall. It's super steep so I'm in top gear going super slow keeping my eye's on the trail. All of the sudden I hear the dreaded rattle and look up to my right and I'm face to face with the biggest damn rattle snake I've seen.

I give up, this is ridiculous. If they get me they get me.

GrandesRoues

Jul 26, 2019
Alpes Françaises
Welp, here's some irony for ya. My boots didn't help me at all but not their fault.

That why you need the medieval full body armor :cool:

Or may be you could use this :
o_O:giggle:
H4782fc1a1d594f3b94dcc5c9a4f9a836h.jpg

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Once you run one over thinking it's a stick, every stick is a snake.

5ACmA1N.jpg

Wow that's a big sucker. I'm in NorCal (Marin County) and thus far haven't run into any this year. I'd be more worried hiking; on a bike I'm never slower than 4-5 mph and honestly the odds of a rattler zeroing on your ankle/leg over the rest of the bike as you roll past/over are very slim, when really they just want to left alone.

Last year my friend and I were riding up a fire road in GGNRA and I watched him roll right over one. The upside is that 100 yards uphill was a couple with the off leash dog walking towards the snake ... we were able to warn them.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
This may not be PC but I hear the meat taste good. But I’d worry about eating the rattle and being attacked by the grandchildren. Be careful.…but then I wouldn’t need a bell while I’m riding.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles