How to get heart rate from Garmin fenix 6 displayed on bosch kiox

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've got a garmin fenix 6 watch, which has the ability to broadcast the heart rate it is measuring the any bluetooth or ant+ device - I use it with my smart turbo trainer - so I know it works.

I've paired it with the kiox display on my bike, and both the watch and the kiox say they are connected, but when I set the watch to broadcast the HR, the kiox just displays '-' , I know it was doing something because before I started the HR broad cast the HR on the KIOX was showing '0' , but whenever I start the HR broadcast it just switches to '-'.

Anyone know how to make this work? I have the latest firmware on the kiox and watch.

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
Have you tried disconnecting your watch from other devices. I’ve not got a garmin anymore so not tried with kiox but I used to have one and to get it to output the heart rate I had to put my phone in airplane mode first.

Keep us posted if you sort it, funny enough been looking at getting Fenix 6 today and knowing it would work with my kiox would be a big +

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
When you switch to HR broadcasting on Fenix watch, have you pressed START? Does your watch shows paired device name on HR broadcasting screen?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
When you switch to HR broadcasting on Fenix watch, have you pressed START? Does your watch shows paired device name on HR broadcasting screen?
Yes I've pressed start and yes it shows the name of the kiox on the screen.

I think I've done everything correctly, it just doesn't seem to work.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I looked into this a while ago and didn't find a solution. I am of the unqualified opinion that it doesn't work.
Also I use my watch to track my ride, and as far as I can tell, if you are broadcasting your heart rate, you can't track your ride.
I'll follow this thread with interest too.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I looked into this a while ago and didn't find a solution. I am of the unqualified opinion that it doesn't work.
Also I use my watch to track my ride, and as far as I can tell, if you are broadcasting your heart rate, you can't track your ride.
I'll follow this thread with interest too.

On the fenix 6 you can record an activity at the same time as broadcasting the heart rate, you go to settings/sensors&accessories/wrist heart rate/ then set broadcast during activity to ON

But this doesnt help with the KIOX - I suspect it just doesnt work - suspect its an issue with the kiox as the broadcasting works fine when I use it with zwift on my laptop. Hopefully bosch will fix it soon.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
I did have it working on a few rides, but unfortunately didn't record heart rate for the whole ride. I eventually used a polar chest strap, not ideal but only way I can get the heart rate consistently.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I gave up on that.
Now I use a Garmin 830 to navigate, and I set up "Indoor Bike Ride" on my Fenix3. The advantage of that is it broadcasts my heartrate, and doesn't flatten the battery by using the GPS.
My Garmin830 records my ride and heartrate in one activity.
Only thing I found is you have to activate the watch activity before the Edge 830 activity, otherwise the heartrate is not displayed on the Navi. However it is recorded in the background.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I think this works now tested on my Fenix 6x last night but not gone out for ride for the ultimate test.

kiox.jpg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I think this works now tested on my Fenix 6x last night but not gone out for ride for the ultimate test.

View attachment 88802
Mine would show the heart rate monitor was connected on that screen in your screenshot ,but the actual heart rate would always display as '-'.

Is yours displaying the actual heart rate?

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Mine would show the heart rate monitor was connected on that screen in your screenshot ,but the actual heart rate would always display as '-'.

Is yours displaying the actual heart rate?
Thats the exact issue I am getting although not had a chance to play bike with LBS so just waiting for call to collect, I will keep you posted.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I had an update from Bosch waste of time well I think so anyway.

Thank you for contacting Bosch eBike Team.

We have created a service case for your request: 00059096. Regarding your issue with your watch and Kiox display. Please see the list of compatible heart rate monitors with the Kiox display:
https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/help-center/kiox-fitness/which-heart-rate-monitors-can-be-used-with-kiox-184501

In case your watch is one of those on the list, please let us know and we will have a look. If your watch is not one of those, unfortunately it is not compatible with the Kiox display.
Here is also a useful link: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/help-center/kiox-fitness/how-can-i-connect-external-devices-such-as-a-heart-184526

Here is also a link where you can see what information Kiox would display: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/help...-data-can-the-on-board-computer-displa-183726

Thank you and wishing you a lovely day.

Best wishes,

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
I had an update from Bosch waste of time well I think so anyway.

Thank you for contacting Bosch eBike Team.

We have created a service case for your request: 00059096. Regarding your issue with your watch and Kiox display. Please see the list of compatible heart rate monitors with the Kiox display:
https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/help-center/kiox-fitness/which-heart-rate-monitors-can-be-used-with-kiox-184501

In case your watch is one of those on the list, please let us know and we will have a look. If your watch is not one of those, unfortunately it is not compatible with the Kiox display.
Here is also a useful link: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/help-center/kiox-fitness/how-can-i-connect-external-devices-such-as-a-heart-184526

Here is also a link where you can see what information Kiox would display: What fitness data can the on-board computer display?

Thank you and wishing you a lovely day.

Best wishes,
I managed to get a Polar OH1 to connect and work with no problem even though it is not on the list.
I can get a Coros watch with optical heart rate sensor to connect but it does not show heart rate

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Can someone tell me once you connect it (to an approved device) your real time heart rate data shows on the Kiox?

I'm getting a Rail with Kiox 300 soon and didnt see anything about displaying HR, I have an apple watch but would get a polar monitor/strap IF it displays on the KIOX

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
Can someone tell me once you connect it (to an approved device) your real time heart rate data shows on the Kiox?

I'm getting a Rail with Kiox 300 soon and didnt see anything about displaying HR, I have an apple watch but would get a polar monitor/strap IF it displays on the KIOX
If hr sensor is correctly paired with kiox then current heart rate will be displayed i the same way sped and cadence are shown. Kiox has various screens you can scroll through to see different info.
While waiting on your new bike you could go to Bosch website and download the manual or go to Bosch youtube channel for tutorials

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles