How to change Motor angle in ETube for Windows?

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
I have the box SM-PCE02 and I installed Etube for Windows V4.0.3, I did not install V5.0.1 because looks like Shimano removed the battery health diagnostic in this version.

But I can not find the setting to change the motor angle, I mean, if I buy a spare motor, how do I set the motor angle in Etube.

I know it is easy in STUnlocker, but I'd like to know how to do it using Etube

Last edited:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I have the box SM-PCE02 and I installed Etube for Windows V4.0.3, I did not install V5.0.1 because looks like Shiomano removed the battery health diagnostic in this version.

But I can not find the setting to change the motor angle, I mean, if I buy a spare motor, how do I set the motor angle in Etube.

You can't change it in the public version of e-tube that I know of - it needs to be the retail version that only shops have.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Ok, thank you. I did not know that there are different Etube versions for shops and home use.

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
I might be wrong but I think there is only one version that dealers and bike owners can download. The most current version is called etube professional. The Shimano website talks about this version as the same as dealers.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
New motors need to be configured with the same angle as original motor. If angle is not configured properly, torque sensor detects something is wrong and motor throws Error Code W012 (for E8000):

W012 – Crank installed in incorrect direction or drive-unit setting angle

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I have the box SM-PCE02 and I installed Etube for Windows V4.0.3, I did not install V5.0.1 because looks like Shiomano removed the battery health diagnostic in this version.

Can you elaborate on "Shimano removed the battery health diagnostic in this version"? The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that this is to try to reduce warranty claims on batteries that are losing capacity much faster than Shimano's claims.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Can you elaborate on "Shimano removed the battery health diagnostic in this version"? The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that this is to try to reduce warranty claims on batteries that are losing capacity much faster than Shimano's claims.

I have not tried latest Etube version, because I read that the battery health measurement has been removed, as you can read here:

My bike went into Lbs had reports done from SME2 attached to a pc there latest E-TUBE version but it doesn’t show the battery health anymore so I did it on my computer with the older version which shows 80%, madison didn’t get back to LBS for weeks even after countless emails I used to get 10-12 miles on fairly flat rides depending on mud or wind now getting 5-7 in eco on same rides wife’s shimano e8000 bike is the same age done same rides is at 99% after same cycles, thanks I will send this to my LBS

And I also think that Shimano purposely removed this Battery Health number in latest etube version V5.0.1 to avoid warranty claims. I am attaching the image that appears in older V4.03, it is very descriptive.

20210909 Etube Battery 1000pix.jpg

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I have not tried latest Etube version, because I read that the battery health measurement has been removed, as you can read here:

And I also think that Shimano purposely removed this Battery Health number in latest etube version V5.0.1 to avoid warranty claims. I am attaching the image that appears in older V4.03, it is very descriptive.

They also removed support for SM-PCE1 connections, which is ridiculous. PCE02 units are very hard to find. Shimano continues to do stupid stuff.

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Did anyone find a solution for changing the motor angle? I clicked around in Etube V5 and was not able to find this setting. Either it's well hidden or requires some dealer specific version of Etube as mentioned above? Btw, I have PCE02.

EDIT: I was able to set this and gearing settings via eMax mobile app. No license needed.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles