How tall are you and what size frame do you have?

AndyT

Aug 16, 2019
Ash Vale
Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 2019 - 6' 3.5", 33" inside leg. Tried both XL and L but went for L as stand over height felt "safe" as you need to factor in additional height you have with 29" wheels. Done 200 miles and feel that size is just right.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 2019 - 6' 3.5", 33" inside leg. Tried both XL and L but went for L as stand over height felt "safe" as you need to factor in additional height you have with 29" wheels. Done 200 miles and feel that size is just right.

I guess that’s the 19 inch frame you got?

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
i'm 171cm and have a medium (reach 440) Hybrid 160 (2020 model) really happy with it :)
that said, I also have a Canyon stive (small, reach 422) which i enjoy also a lot.
i believe it's getting use to what you have... as long as it isn't extreme too long or small

Last edited:

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
After going to the bike shop (now I’m finally allowed) tried out the bikes and got a 160TM in 18” (I’m still 178cm) reach feels good and I’m looking forward to riding it :)

badkarma

Apr 16, 2020
Manchester, UK
Hi all, I am new to emtbforums and new to ebiking. Just ordered a CURE Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 23". I had the same dilemma as I could not go to a bike store to try out but knew this situation would get extended with more lockdowns and was wanting one badly for a long time.

The sizing chart which SIMPS had put here was the same I used. I'm 195cm tall and both 21" and 23" sizes come on it. Hopefully should be okay when it gets delivered coming Monday.

Bogdan_CH

Apr 22, 2020
Oradea, Romania
Hi guys,

I'm planing to get a bike for my wife as well and I've found a nice offer for a 2020 Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Race 29'er but I'm not sure if the bike will fit for her due to her height. She's 159 cm, and 72/73 cm inseam so not sure how that will work with the standover of 770 which this bike has in size small / 16 inch.

As I've seen our colleague here, @mak , he's around 170 cm tall but using a small size as well so people that rode the bike, do you think it will still be to large for her ? I've checked the women specific bikes but they are all using last gen Bosch motor which doesn't appeal to us. She rode my Focus Jam2 in size large which she liked but was obvious is was to big for her so I'd like to get her something that will like and fit at the same time.

So guys, what do you think about it ?

Reactions: mak

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
She will be fine on that size bike, to be honest given my time again and hindsight and all that I would have gone for the next size up 18 inch medium.
When I purchased my bike the shop told me it was a medium, if they had maybe said it was a small I may have taken more notice and actually put some effort into trying both small and medium.
I have the seat stem all the way up to max and a little more , with the frame being so low araound the seat area it will be the perfect size for her, that and the fact she could ride it with the dropper post down would make it ridiculously small :)

Bogdan_CH

Apr 22, 2020
Oradea, Romania
She will be fine on that size bike, to be honest given my time again and hindsight and all that I would have gone for the next size up 18 inch medium.
When I purchased my bike the shop told me it was a medium, if they had maybe said it was a small I may have taken more notice and actually put some effort into trying both small and medium.
I have the seat stem all the way up to max and a little more , with the frame being so low araound the seat area it will be the perfect size for her, that and the fact she could ride it with the dropper post down would make it ridiculously small :)

Hi Mak,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it's great and reassuring that it will fit her as well. I have one last question, I've seen in a picture in the 1st page with your bike. I'm just wondering, how low can you insert your seatpost ? The geo chart doesn't help to much with the seat tube lenght if the post cannot be fully inserted. Again, much appreciated your response.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
The seat post will go down a fair way, fully down an inch at most pocking out the frame (y) There is also an inch worth of spacers under the handlebars that could be removed if needed to lower the front bars.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Hi guys,

I'm planing to get a bike for my wife as well and I've found a nice offer for a 2020 Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Race 29'er but I'm not sure if the bike will fit for her due to her height. She's 159 cm, and 72/73 cm inseam so not sure how that will work with the standover of 770 which this bike has in size small / 16 inch.

As I've seen our colleague here, @mak , he's around 170 cm tall but using a small size as well so people that rode the bike, do you think it will still be to large for her ? I've checked the women specific bikes but they are all using last gen Bosch motor which doesn't appeal to us. She rode my Focus Jam2 in size large which she liked but was obvious is was to big for her so I'd like to get her something that will like and fit at the same time.

So guys, what do you think about it ?
Stand over is high in the 2020 frame so could be a good idea to test it.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
From the pics , I believe @mak 's bike is 2020 model. Testing would be slightly difficult as the LBS doesn't have it on stock and they will order it only with upfront payment.
My wife rides a cube 120 2019 women's frame. Today we went for a ride and she tried my bike to check standover . She as around 1,60m tall and I think the top tube as no clearance for shorter people. She can't plant bouth foot on the ground.

Sportsman

Oct 8, 2018
Silvergolf
I have a cube stereo140 2019 model I am 6ft and went for a large but the reach is short on these cubes and the bike still feels small to me , I bought it on line so never tried it I went of the cube website for sizing I would never buy before I try again ..good luck

Last edited:

Pira394

May 25, 2020
Kristiansand, Norway
im 181cm and 72kg
i had a bike with 405 reach and i was happy with it.

now i have to choose 17" or 19" when a 18" would have been perfoect for me
reach on 17" is similar to my old giant.

what do you guys reccomend ? ive tried to research a lot, are those bike big and i would benifit from a smaller one for more control ? specially when i can extend the seat ?

Bogdan_CH

Apr 22, 2020
Oradea, Romania
Wow, do you really like super short bikes? I'm 183 cm tall and my YT Tues with 480mm reach feels ok but would not say no to 500. For your height, for bikes with new geometry a normal reach would be between 450 to 480 mm, as 90% of the size Large bikes would fall between these dimensions. My point is, go with a longer reach bike, you will love it, especially for a 20 KG bike

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I'm the same height as you, and leg length. I've always liked bigger bikes. I bought an xl - but it is really a bit bigger than a large and a bit smaller than an extra large. I have the merida e140 ltd. The frame is the same geo as the e160, but they put a smaller fork on it. This effectively changed geo making it a better climber, less of a descender. It also changed the sizing a bit. I love it; it is perfect for me and I use all of it. I'm not going along for the ride with this bike. It does have a long reach. Because I live in steep country, and generally I climb up everything that I descend, I have the seat pushed forward and it still feels good on the few flat sections I get to ride. I'm really enjoying the whole ride equally as much - the technical and steep climbs and the descents :). I think I have 1cm on the seat post :oops:

Last edited:

Doug85

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
I just bought the new cube 160 action team 2023/24 model in large im 5.8 and feel it's to short im wishing I went for the XL cube are smaller than other bike manufacturers im right back on my saddle at it's limit on the rails very scrunched up on it close to the bars on a "20in" frame

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Personally I think it's pointless talking about Fram sizes. There are such wild variations between sizes. Talking reach numbers is .ore relevant.

One brands size small can be another's large.....

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
How tall are you guys and girls and what size frame do you have and what model, looking at getting the 140 TM for obvious reasons can't go in to a shop and try them out for size, I'm 180cm 70kg 83cm inside leg so right on the border of 18"-20" but thinking 20" maybe?

The size guide here: here:Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 750 flashgrey´n´olive

proposes an L/20" frame for your size.

Personally I'm 193cm tall and have a cube with an XXL frame but it's a hardtail.

Prozor

Apr 12, 2024
Polska
In practice, it is best to try on the bike before purchasing it. Problem with purchasing online without trying it on. I chose the size myself for my (rather short) legs, hence the size of the frame was determined by the length of the seat tube plus the length of the cranks plus the extended seatpost plus the height of the saddle, it had to be no longer than the inside leg (with riding shoes). In practice, the seatpost is slightly extended from the seat tube, but that's how it's supposed to be. The reach seemed a bit too small, but that's because I'm used to road and CX bikes. After the first rides, the bike's geometry already suits me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles