Levo Gen 2 How is your 2016/17 Levo performing?

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi all. My Levo Comp is now 3.5 years old and I was wondering how are other peoples Levo of similar age still performing.
My Levo isn't quite a Triggers broom yet, but there have been lots of changes since I first wheeled it out of a Specialized Concept Store in Jan 2017.
Motors, by far the weakest part on the bike for me, 1st one lasted a few months (stopped working due to water on the PCB), second one lasted a year (bearings seized on crank) and then the third lastest about 9 months when the sprag clutch failed - so I'm on my 4th motor for those good at Maths. Motors all replaced under warranty, however I had to pay for labour.
I have replaced the wheels as the Roval rims were eating tyres and replaced the Guide brakes (just hated the amount of lever travel as the pads worn down) with Hope Tech 3 levers, E4 calipers and rotors at the same time, I have now replaced all the drivetrain - now running XT rear mech / shifter on a Sunrace cassette and the cranks are the latest to be replaced with Hope 155mm. The seat was changed 3 years ago (original was killing my but) and the stem (35mm) and handle bars were changed to Renthal about 18 months ago - this really livened the front end up.
Original bits are: frame, frame bearings (have been greased periodically), seatpost (loses its air pressure overnight), rear shock (serviced periodically at TFtuned), forks and finally I am still on the original battery!!
I love my Levo, everytime I ride it I can't get over how much fun it is to ride - even 3.5 years on.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
This is how my Levo looks today
20200627_104504.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles