How do you store/stand your ebike in the garage?

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Modified stand from a dirt bike....

IMG_1078s.jpg

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I just got a kickstand that bolts to the back. Always there and easy to use. Haven’t had any issues with it. View attachment 31909
Not saying you can't install a bike stand on your bike... if that's your preference and it suits your particular application. Ever wonder why you CAN see kick-stands factory-installed on commuter bicycles and road motorcycles, BUT never on high performance MTB/BMX bicycles, or Trail/Motocross motorcycles?

Two wheeled off-road vehicles (and road racing vehicles too I guess) have a higher likelihood of crashing - and a kick-stand can very easily flick out and pose an impalement hazard not only for you, but also for your riding buddies. It's a safety thing... (y)

Last edited:

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
My Cube HT has a stand like that. It won't slow me down and it poses no extra hazard than I do. It does rattle sometimes...
All my trailbikes had kickstands and I've had a few. In an MX race, sure remove all superfluous kit.
We do seem to have a lot of hardcore professional racers on here tho so fair advice I guess.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles