How do you fix Scratches/ Gouges on the paint?

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
Crash and a sharp rock cut through the protective tape and scratched the frame pretty deep. The matte black paint scratches and scuffs very easily!!
I know its a mountain bike and it will get beat up no matter what.
I was just wondering if I should i use some touch up paint here or use some fine grit sandpaper on it and try to polish it. Any ideas?

D6956F7B-7C41-485C-A760-F6D9956F30BE.jpeg

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Yikes

Maybe some CLEAR nail polish … once dry very very lightly sand .. use a sharpie to make black and then re-apply a piece of 3M clear plastic film over the top.

Let us know what you end up doing and the results. Interested to hear other ideas as well (y)

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Crash and a sharp rock cut through the protective tape and scratched the frame pretty deep. The matte black paint scratches and scuffs very easily!!
I was just wondering if I should i use some touch up paint here or use some fine grit sandpaper on it and try to polish it. Any ideas?

View attachment 27493
Sometimes you can get touch up paint from manufacture... I have used black sharpie on black frames.. it takes the edge off unless you really stare at it!
pretty much what you said though.. it’s gonna get scratched! Some frames are worth spending $$$ to protect because of resale... decoy probably not one of them.... I’m a decoy owner as well.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Yeah stop stressing, mine has more chunks out of it then Swiss cheese. Eventually you just don't care

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK

View attachment 27493
Satin Black touch up paint. Couple of layers in the deep bit. Used it all the time on my black anodised Canyon.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes my 9 months old Levo is looking well used already the cranks are worse looking than my 6 year old Nicolai . 1600 miles though .first scratch hurts the most I don't cry or curse anymore. ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles