How about a Canada Region Topic

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Well you know ...you've probably just answered that question yourself ..brand new on the forum and causing trouble already ..😉😂
Why would you want a specific section though when you've got access to the rest of the world in the "General" slot ..as an example I always like seeing pics & articles posted by Stildog ( Canadian ) & Bambamoda ( USA) ..also stuff from the Southern Hemisphere ..but I've never yet ventured into their own "Regional sections" at all since being on the forum ..

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
Well you know ...you've probably just answered that question yourself ..brand new on the forum and causing trouble already ..😉😂
Why would you want a specific section though when you've got access to the rest of the world in the "General" slot ..as an example I always like seeing pics & articles posted by Stildog ( Canadian ) & Bambamoda ( USA) ..also stuff from the Southern Hemisphere ..but I've never yet ventured into their own "Regional sections" at all since being on the forum ..
Well, there is an Australia and US region area?
Not trying to cause trouble, just thought it would be nice to see people in your area specifically.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I thought of a Canadian section when I first signed up here eh. Somewhere that I could spread my Canada Goose wings, where black bears are really trail dogs, -20*c ain’t that bad, we open doors for someone 2blocks away, sorry has many meanings, polar bears are part-time pets, a hockey stick is weapon and a toy, and…we have the greatest trails in the world 🌎.

I find that I don’t venture into the “foreign” sections at all. But I do visit the “Trek” section when I need advice or view the latest upgrade. The Picture of the Day section is extremely competitive. (Ie; Hodge and Etoni). There are some very very aggressive photographers in there. It’s not easy …but that’s good eh.

This is a big country. And with that comes big responsibilities. Listing all the amazing trails here could be a task. Too difficult for one section. Remember, when we take over …they’ll all be sorry! 😉

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
With (now Trump has gone) possibly the dumbest political leader in the West. ;)

(Spoken as a dual nationality British/Canadian citizen).
Our leader, PM J Trudeau, has the best hair piece of any leader. I’ve never had the pleasure of fighting Justin but I’m thinking of buying one of those wigs for Xmas only. Or I might rent a beaver instead.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I thought of a Canadian section when I first signed up here eh. Somewhere that I could spread my Canada Goose wings ...
Took this pic in November - our annual visitors on the large field behind where I usually kitesurf.

20221109_152936.jpg

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
Our leader, PM J Trudeau, has the best hair piece of any leader. I’ve never had the pleasure of fighting Justin but I’m thinking of buying one of those wigs for Xmas only. Or I might rent a beaver instead.
Yeah, his dumb and dumber haircut was definitely top notch😂

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
I thought of a Canadian section when I first signed up here eh. Somewhere that I could spread my Canada Goose wings, where black bears are really trail dogs, -20*c ain’t that bad, we open doors for someone 2blocks away, sorry has many meanings, polar bears are part-time pets, a hockey stick is weapon and a toy, and…we have the greatest trails in the world 🌎.

I find that I don’t venture into the “foreign” sections at all. But I do visit the “Trek” section when I need advice or view the latest upgrade. The Picture of the Day section is extremely competitive. (Ie; Hodge and Etoni). There are some very very aggressive photographers in there. It’s not easy …but that’s good eh.

This is a big country. And with that comes big responsibilities. Listing all the amazing trails here could be a task. Too difficult for one section. Remember, when we take over …they’ll all be sorry! 😉
There are other forums that have Canada and then regions so people can connect up.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
The RSPB says that 'ours' are dark bellied geese ...

RSPB said:
There are two distinct races of brent geese. Dark-bellied brent geese breed in northern Russia and spend the winter in southern and eastern England. Pale-bellied brent geese breed mostly in Canada and Greenland and spend the winter mostly in Ireland.

Brent geese nest on the boggy Arctic tundra, where the severe climate allows them only about two months of good weather in which to raise a family. By mid-September, they have left their breeding grounds, and arrive in large flocks on our shores in early October. They spend the winter feeding on eelgrass in estuaries and on crops in adjoining fields.

In April, brent geese leave the UK and Ireland and head north again. The pale-bellied brent geese stop over in Iceland. Here they fatten up, increasing their weight by up to 40 per cent in preparation for the final 3,000 km (1,865 mile) flight over frozen Greenland to their breeding grounds in Canada.

The dark-bellied brent geese head the other way – east to Siberia. They stop off along the Baltic coast before reaching the Arctic in early June, just as the snow and ice is beginning to thaw.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
This “True North” thread can’t die this easily.
Our trails are buried in snow (23” in my backyard) and monsoon-like rains are now here to clear the access for some more adventures.
Xmas eve.
Besides the amazing trails in BC and the endless locations such as Whistler, Squamish, North Shore, Frome, BC Interior, Fraser Valley etc, the modest trail system of the Tri-Cities is my home. And Coquitlam, my home town, may be the beginning of the “Ugly Christmas Sweater” showdown.
FFFB4CF3-D5FF-480D-93CA-94CB31B98DE4.jpeg

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
Our trails are buried in snow (23” in my backyard) and monsoon-like rains are now here to clear the access for some more adventures.
Xmas eve.
Besides the amazing trails in BC and the endless locations such as Whistler, Squamish, North Shore, Frome, BC Interior, Fraser Valley etc, the modest trail system of the Tri-Cities is my home. And Coquitlam, my home town, may be the beginning of the “Ugly Christmas Sweater” showdown.
View attachment 103473
I better share mine as well then.
Just got my wife a Husky and really want to get out, at least it warmed up and is raining so the snow will go away

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Xmas eve.
View attachment 103473
Hardly modest. Burke, Eagle, etc totally rock. 20-25 mins to the North Shore for me. 35 mins to Burke (at weekends).

So happy to see the rain this morning so we can get rid of that snow. Was even thinking of getting the skis out and dealing with getting up crazy early so I could line up for ages in the cold. Luckily I can now scratch that crazy thought.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hardly modest. Burke, Eagle, etc totally rock. 20-25 mins to the North Shore for me. 35 mins to Burke (at weekends).

So happy to see the rain this morning so we can get rid of that snow. Was even thinking of getting the skis out and dealing with getting up crazy early so I could line up for ages in the cold. Luckily I can now scratch that crazy thought.
Apparently there’s 70 trails on Burke and many more not on the map. After almost 4 years of riding on Burke I’m still finding secret trails. There’s some features here that make my heart stop and jumps that should have a team of brain surgeons spaced throughout and near the exit. Technical trails then technical drops. Dirt, rocks, roots, loam, water, mud, bears, bullets, joggers, trees, …and more fun stuff.

The problem is, it takes me 2 minutes and 47 seconds to peddle to the yellow gate entrance. I wish I was a bit closer. 😉

The 2’ of snow in my backyard is now down to 2” thanks to this rain today.
2129C0AE-2AF9-4A0A-A4BE-785394DFFD09.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles