Levo Gen 2 Hope floating rotors

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
I bought a set of discounted Nukeproof Horizon V2 wheels for my Turbo Levo Expert Carbon 2020 to use as a spare set with winter tyres and have bought some Hope floating rotors but when I fit the wheels, the rotor rivets catch on the calliper bracket. I still have the SRAM code R brakes fitted but I have a set of Hope Tech 4 V4 to fit at some point. I’m assuming I need a different bracket but not sure which.

Also, when fitting the new Hope brakes, do I need to take the battery out and drop the motor or is there an easier way?

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
I bought a set of discounted Nukeproof Horizon V2 wheels for my Turbo Levo Expert Carbon 2020 to use as a spare set with winter tyres and have bought some Hope floating rotors but when I fit the wheels, the rotor rivets catch on the calliper bracket. I still have the SRAM code R brakes fitted but I have a set of Hope Tech 4 V4 to fit at some point. I’m assuming I need a different bracket but not sure which.

Also, when fitting the new Hope brakes, do I need to take the battery out and drop the motor or is there an easier way?
Seen issues posted on the Hope rotor rivets. Someone else will have to chime in on that.

On the rear hose….I swapped my Guide REs to Codes. Bought one of the little SRAM hose tools and carefully drug the new hose thru the frame as I pulled the old one out. Did not pull motor.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Seen issues posted on the Hope rotor rivets. Someone else will have to chime in on that.

On the rear hose….I swapped my Guide REs to Codes. Bought one of the little SRAM hose tools and carefully drug the new hose thru the frame as I pulled the old one out. Did not pull motor.
That's a relief. Was it fairly easy to thread through or did you have any issues?

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
On my 2020 Comp I just pulled slow and easy while feeding the new hose with my other hand (to be clear I only have two 🙂). Went in surprisingly easy in my case. Tool example I found.
8DE8CBFD-3B3D-43A7-A5E3-9D486891935D.jpeg

Oct 25, 2022
Scottish borders
Those little tools are what you need although I did thread new hose quite easily last weekend. Pushed in from rear, guided in belos the shock, dropped the bash guard off, above the battery you can just see a carbon tunnel, thread hose up that. Fork dropped to allow access to head, hose out. Took 10minutes most of that was trying to see how it would thread up the down tube.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
did the same last night. Instead of the tool, I cut the head of a small screw and wound that into both cables with pliers. Then carefully pull through. No need to take the fork off. Trim the cable ends so you have a nice undamaged end after.

TBH I reckon it should be possible without pulling the new one through, there is a cable guide tube thing near the motor, then it pops out by the rear shock mount. Easy from there.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
…(to be clear I only have two 🙂)
View attachment 105572
Hand’s …right?😉, for the push/pull technique.👍🏻

Can confirm. Great little tool to have if you’re pulling new cables thru the frame. For all the obstacles throughout (rear triangle, motor compartment, battery bulkhead, head tube, etc). I did drop the Bosch gen4 motor on the Trek though because a few of the bends were kinda tight. 22EDC95E-EE9F-41CB-8D0E-661B9E690D7F.jpeg 75F6765A-344A-45E6-BA9E-F460341CEBB9.jpeg
I keep the original package to place the tool in after I’m done, because it’s so friggen small. I do like the hack/bodge idea of cutting down a very small screw.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Hands…. 🤣

Agree….a small screw would work. The little SRAM tool might be a tad easier to thread….either should work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles