Holy s%*t these things are fun.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Today was my 5th ride on one of these things and I have started to understand the different modes and how they work, plenty more to learn but after a 22 mile ride through the local woods and tracks I am more impressed every ride, I need to start carrying a pump to let my pressures down for the trails and increase them for the road work but im still figuring things out.

Most of my riding is in eco with tour mode for moderate to steep climbs and those modes seems ample, I did however for the 1st time discover the difference between emtb mode and turbo today, emtb allows a lot more control but still delivers a massive hit when needed.

My son has started coming out with me on his old hard tail and to be honest I feel guilty even though I do swap bikes with him :rolleyes: I can see me having to buy him one.

So back to today, we spotted a hill, not to slippery but not ideal, even in my fittest years there was no way I would have even considered trying to peddle up it on a traditional bike, for a laugh we decided to give it a go.

All the way to the top sitting down for grip in emtb mode ( bosch) . I am amazed by these things every time I go out :eek: As always it looks like a slight mound on camera but it just keeps going and gets steeper. No helmet for the lad but he did at least start out with it on :rolleyes:

I Still 52% battery left on the thing, I need to get out for longer.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
...I did however for the 1st time discover the difference between emtb mode and turbo today, emtb allows a lot more control but still delivers a massive hit when needed.

My missus has discovered emtb mode on her Thron2. I'm now having trouble convincing her that the other modes have any use whatsoever... :rolleyes:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My missus has discovered emtb mode on her Thron2. I'm now having trouble convincing her that the other modes have any use whatsoever... :rolleyes:

My 12-year old grandson rides my emtb whenever he steal a go. He always rides everywhere in Boost; he denies it but I can tell by how fast he accelerates. Because he is 3-stone lighter than me he would probably get further than me on it, even though I hardly ever use Boost! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles