Hi there! Here to learn about eMTBs and figure out which one I want!

donkeystew

Nov 26, 2023
Riverside, CA
Hi there....new to the eMTB world and looking to learn about them and figure out what I'm going to buy! Nice to meet everyone and thanks in advanced for any and all help/advice.

Reactions: Dax

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Hi there....new to the eMTB world and looking to learn about them and figure out what I'm going to buy! Nice to meet everyone and thanks in advanced for any and all help/advice.
Welcome! If you are looking for advice on what kind of bike you should to buy, you should make a list starting with your experience, age, the type of trails you like to ride, how often you ride and of course, your budget. Most of the people on here are from the UK with and average age of 60 so there is a lot of experience available which may or may not apply to your riding style and location.
You will find this forum to be a fantastic resource for how to repair your bike and where to get parts as well as how to spend your money :)

Take this thread for instance....

What did you buy your ebike this week?

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Yeah, as Mr Bro points out, we can't really help out until you provide some details.

Do you want to cruise the streets or hurl yourself off mountains or somewhere in between? The recommendations will be different dependent on what you want to do.

Al-ec

Subscriber
Mar 4, 2024
West Wales
I found following some of the threads on here really helpful in identifying what I did and didn't want. Tons of good "best of 23/24" round ups out there which all tend to be quite positive but can be a good starting point eg Best electric mountain bikes reviewed and rated by experts - MBR
There's not much substitute for trying, so if you get chance to demo/borrow that will tell you more than the internet.
I went around the houses before ending up with a Haibike Lyke, which is great for me and the sort of riding I actually do. This place seems really helpful and knowledgeable.

Mikehorti

Subscriber
Apr 29, 2021
Surrey
Firstly, great choice on wanting to get involved. One of the best purchases I’ve ever made was my emtb. I doubt you’ll be disappointed! Agree with others comments, but the key is setting your budget. It’s so easy to have your head turned with so much variety. And with an oversupply of bikes now, there’s some great deals to be found. Good luck!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles