Hi !! New here and new to eMTB

FirstAscent

Apr 5, 2023
Portland
Hi everyone,

I'm Jaime, new here and new to the world of eMTB's but not new to MTB in general. I currently have a handful of bikes from a dirt jumper, my enduro do-it-all bike, full on DH bike etc etc :) but never had or even rode an eMTB until yesterday.

Yesterday I picked up a 2022 Specialized Turbo Levo Expert (S4, I'm 6' tall) since they were on "sale" (but still crazy expensive) and I'm honestly super excited! I was never one of those against eMTB's in any way just never thought I'd get one this soon.

For me personally, I decided to get this for 3 main reason:
  1. Because (n+1), I like bikes ;)
  2. I ride for the downhill portion of the trail and hate climbing haha. so for days where I just want to get laps in and save the legs for the part I'm truly there for, win-win!
  3. My gf also occasionally rides but not enough to where we are on the same level endurance-wise. So this will allow her to use it also and I can just use my pedal bike (Evil Wreckoning) and she'll enjoy it more.

I've actually custom built all my bikes myself, this is the first bike I've purchased in the last 10+ years where I purchased a complete bike, it feels weird haha. So I already have some fun parts on order to make it "mine" and hopefully I can sell off some of the stock parts since they are new and it's a decent groupset.

Haven't had any true trail time on it yet but most definitely will this week. Super excited and great to virtually meet you all!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles