Hi guys

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
New member here, saying hello. 2018 Levo that I now have pretty dialed. Something that I'm interested in hearing about at the moment (and I'll go look for threads) is travelling with eMtbs. Have people found places to hire batteries at any major centres? Obviously air shipping the battery is out but what about land shipping sometime before? Or just hire there, chance to try something different? Interested in peoples experiences...

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Welcome!
At least in the alps; France, Spain, Italy etc, there are many placrs where you can rent bikes. Price is usually 50-75€/day in Spain and they are generally top spec bikes in good condition. For that price, I would forget about shipping and just enjoy trying new. Also, at least Spain if you know the language you could probably talk to local bike shops and convince them to rent you a demo model. I have done this once or twice.

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
It might really be as simple as heading to Europe. NZ and Tassie are closer but the web sites I look at have pretty crappy eBikes for hire there. It might be a great excuse to head to Europe! (much more expensive air fares though, sadly)...

Welcome!
At least in the alps; France, Spain, Italy etc, there are many placrs where you can rent bikes. Price is usually 50-75€/day in Spain and they are generally top spec bikes in good condition. For that price, I would forget about shipping and just enjoy trying new. Also, at least Spain if you know the language you could probably talk to local bike shops and convince them to rent you a demo model. I have done this once or twice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles