Hi from the UK pointy end

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Hi y'all (Cornwall, in case you were wondering).
Just purchased my first, new to me, second hand e-mtb. I've been cycling all my long life 60 and three quarters. Nearly cycled the Himalayas on a non-e-mtb last year to mark my 60th but Covid struck, there and the Andes!! :(.
Anyway, been doing a fair bit of road cycling and local mtb'ing on my hardtail since and getting increasingly miffed at all the cheats shooting by me (with big smiles and no sweat) on these new fangled battery powered bikes. So, decided to get one and OMG as the girls with false nails and weird eyebrows say - what a cheat!!. Took it out around my local singletrack route that I usually manage to fit in during a lunch hour each week. Reduced time to 40 mins, got back to the car with stupidest grin, talking to any and everyone in the carpark about them upon my return (forgetting I'd left my dentures at home!!) and realised I hadn't actually broke a sweat when I ripped my (normally) sweat soaked clothes off to get changed for the drive home!!
Anyway, the bike is a 2020 PowerFly FS 9.7 LT Carbon - the fluoro green one (you may not hear me coming, but you'll see me f'sho') with 350 miles on the clock - it is awesome and the e-mtb experience, as I'm sure you all know already, is magical.

One word - F.U.N. - and I love it.

Time to ask lots of questions when I'm not out on the bike - see y'around

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
I had worried about getting the bike in the car, as it's a bit of a beast to look at. Needn't have worried - reckon I could get 4 in the back, all standing up :D
PXL_20220113_111927551.jpg

Nebo1ss

Dec 21, 2021
London
Hi where do you ride in Cornwall? I spend sometime in Falmouth and ride the coast to coast and the Padstow camel trail when i am there.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Hi where do you ride in Cornwall? I spend sometime in Falmouth and ride the coast to coast and the Padstow camel trail when i am there.
Hi,
I ride Cardinham Woods and Lanhydrock trails at the moment. Have ridden the coast to coast with loops off and Poldice. Used to ride over Carn Brea into work which was fun and then there's the 3 peaks challenge - Carn Marth / Carn Brea / St Agnes Beacon, which has its moments. Had a go at Bishops Wood (Bodmin) a couple of weeks ago on my hardtail but after several weeks of the wet stuff was suicidally muddy.
There's plenty more to find when I've got the time but work 7 days a week 🙈.
The internet is your friend 😁👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles