Hi from Scarborough Uk, Levo comp carbon just arrived !

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
Hi all, just got my first Ebike, Rocket red levo carbon. Having watched alot of videos and reviews I just thought sod it. Having never had a go on any ebike I didnt know what to expect from them. I think the first five minutes of laughing and been amazed at just how good these are I cant stay off it. Ive racked up around 150 miles in my first week, which is more than I did on my Giant in 3 years. Ive ordered some Renthal bars and stem, Hope pedals and jockey wheels so far to start adding a few of my own touches.
I started thinking would I need the 700wh battery upgrade, but to be honest even with some of the big rides Ive been doing, and not being shy with the turbo mode, Ive always been left with 30-40% left.
Love the colour on this bike how it changes to orange like a pearl paint in the sun
IMG_6867.jpeg
IMG_6872.jpeg
IMG_6743.jpeg
IMG_6865.jpeg

Few shots from recent rides out

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
Pedals and jockeys fitted, what a difference the Hope F20s make to the ride. Its like they are stuck to your feet, I would certainly recommend them to anyone.
Ive not changed to the Hope 36t chainring yet as Im not sure which chainring nuts/bolts I need to order, anyone on here have any ideas which to get ?

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_3603.JPG

sarnie63

Apr 15, 2019
East Yorkshire
The up sections become fun and you find jumps on the flat in places you would never have imagined!
Dalby used to be just a hard slog, now on the ebike I love the place!

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
Had a bit of a nightmare on todays tracks. Well yesterday, I thought the plastic cassette spoke protector looked crap so I took it off and I found out today that was a mistake :confused:

Into a fair ride and boom chain went over the top cog and jammed like a bas+++d. I had to carry it about a mile up a cliff :sick: and wait for the mrs to come and rescue me :giggle:

Had to split the chain, take the cassette off to free it. Ive taken the wheel to LBS which its needing a good amount of new spokes :cautious:

Can just imagine the hassle if this had been 5+ miles into the woods

Lesson learnt on this one ill be getting the gears adjusted and a plastic guard put back on

37B8434B-42D9-4B0E-9FA0-1FEC3A54181B.JPG

IMG_3732.JPG

C87878C0-5CAD-4D4B-A758-F665A57E75C6.JPG

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Had a bit of a nightmare on todays tracks. Well yesterday, I thought the plastic cassette spoke protector looked crap so I took it off and I found out today that was a mistake :confused:

Into a fair ride and boom chain went over the top cog and jammed like a bas+++d. I had to carry it about a mile up a cliff :sick: and wait for the mrs to come and rescue me :giggle:

Had to split the chain, take the cassette off to free it. Ive taken the wheel to LBS which its needing a good amount of new spokes :cautious:

Can just imagine the hassle if this had been 5+ miles into the woods

Lesson learnt on this one ill be getting the gears adjusted and a plastic guard put back on

View attachment 16703

View attachment 16704

View attachment 16705

You shouldn’t need the plastic guard, it was the first thing I cut off my Merida, if your gears are adjusted correctly it shouldn’t go over the top!

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
You shouldn’t need the plastic guard, it was the first thing I cut off my Merida, if your gears are adjusted correctly it shouldn’t go over the top!

Good to know just with it been new never been setup yet,. Hopefully won’t happen again

Yeah it should have been set up correctly, the limiter screws on the derailleur should stop this happening.

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
Those plastic guards make your $7k bike look like a $10 Kmart special ?

Th
Is that 210x55 part# 973-01-219? And you could replace it with existing bolts, so plug&play? And what is your rear mudguard from first post; they look quite nice.

Yeah 210x55 direct fit with no issues and plenty of clearance with the tiny bit extra travel.
The mudguards are mucky nutz ones both the same for front and back (y)
Mucky Nutz Face Fender Mountain Bike Front / Rear MTB Mudguard | Mud Guard | eBay

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
New bars have just shown up :) just waiting on the stem to arrive. Anyone know how the swat tool cap comes off so I can change the stem over ? Guessing its something simple I just cant see it :LOL:

E3E86919-5BA0-41F9-9864-D5D069BBEED2.JPG

Ktm300excjohn

Aug 24, 2019
Edinburgh
New bars have just shown up :) just waiting on the stem to arrive. Anyone know how the swat tool cap comes off so I can change the stem over ? Guessing its something simple I just cant see it :LOL:

View attachment 17670

View attachment 17670
Hi mate nice bike I've just got the same what stem are you running with the fat bars as I've ordered them also didn't know I needed a stem also ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles